Ignite TV - Several Issues

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
trio-of-dogs
I'm Here A Lot

Re: Ignite TV - Several Issues

** Update May 1, 2019
We have converted back to Rogers Digit Package with Nextbox PVR. Rogers Tech Support was very helpful and exhausted every attempt to resolve the issues, but they could not fix the streaming issues causing TV Image Quality and sound problems. A Sr. Engineer admitted that a patch from Comcast is required, but no estimated date has been made available. Therefore, Rogers switched us back.
I must comment that after 8 weeks with Ignite TV and returning to the legacy Digital Box. The Legacy system has a noticeable better image quality. I hope in the future that the streaming issues with Ignite will be resolved.
Biollw
I'm a Trusted Contributor

Well that's put to rest the sales people telling us we can not convert back.

Hope it goes better.

Bill

wez
I Plan to Stick Around

I agree and believe it's primarily a backend issue with Ignite TV. FYI. There was a patch to fix a cache issue on the backend. This was implemented in some geo-areas last weekend. So far this week, the channel-changing video/audio delays have reduced dramatically, i.e., perceivably eliminated. Rogers had worked with Comcast to shoot this and developed the fix. I'd expect this will be deployed to other areas across the Rogers network. I will continue to monitor this and other issues (e.g., PVR).

Rm7071
I've Been Here Awhile

still having major problems, back on the phone to call yet again.  I am soooo done

seadooxp30
I Plan to Stick Around

Me too...
Not a chance to go back to Rogers digital
I’m moving away. This is unreal
lsheen6212
I Plan to Stick Around

Well I have no service right now so I am off to Bell. Rogers has no idea how to fix things and even less on how to handle it's customers
Gdkitty
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

There shouldnt be any issues switching back to digital cable.

Now switching back to exactly what you HAD?  That would be the issue.

If you were say still running on a legacy VIP package on digital TV.  No, you could not go back to that package.
You would be on whatever the current digital TV packages are.

Jennnnnnn9475
I Plan to Stick Around

What an awful service the cloud pvr is a horrible picture when it works

Cuts in and out all the time and we are on 150u.
Bplayer
I'm a Senior Contributor

Sorry to hear you are having problems. Have you tried getting technical support? All is well here with my simple setup of 1 TV.

Jennnnnnn9475
I Plan to Stick Around

Discount phone cord were it comes in the house plug a cord from modem to a wall Jack. Every wall jack in your house will work. Make sure u cut the old bell line coming in to avoid lower coming back.