Ignite TV - Several Issues

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Ignite TV - Several Issues

Same here .... been with ignite TV since Dec 2018
Nothing but problem.,.
Honestly I gave up...
4 ticket with support and same story over and over “We are working with Comcast” to resolve these issue.
Guess what Comcast doesn’t have these issues!!!

All I can say to anyone that is thinking of IgniteTV, Run the other way and don’t look back
I've Been Here Awhile

I have the exact same issues. Super annoying!!!! PVR playback suuuuuucks.
I've Been Here Awhile

Ok seriously... I know you've said that this PVR playback problem is a known issue and that you're working with the vendor for a solution, but this has been months now.  Patience is extremely thin.

I'm currently trying to watch some playoff hockey (PVR playback as I don't have a choice)... and I would love to see the puck (and sometimes the number on the back of their jersey!)... I don't think this is unreasonable to ask for HD "premium" TV.   Get your act together or I'm gone... can't live with this through NHL and NBA playoffs!

Again live TV is fine, due to my hours I cannot start watching these things live, so I rely on the PVR.

I Plan to Stick Around

Well I complained to the Commission for Complaints for Telecom-television.  I got a call from Rogers President's then and what he said to me says it all about how little Rogers is committed to fixing Ignite.  When he asked what my problems were I told him and asked him to view this thread.  His reply - never mind about the forums.  This says it all.

I recorded the late game to watch this morning but viewing it was so poor, sound goes away, picture stops, pixelation.

I just wish I could have recorded his call and tell the CCT how little Rogers cares about its customers and how little they know about Ignite.  So many people for so long have had so many problems and the service just gets worse by the day.

I've Been Around

The Internet, Phone and Cable service is fine

The PVR service appears to not be ready for prime time.

I always record my shows then watch later and skip comercials.

When I watch hockey there is a problem.

At first it was completely unwatchable, the tech came to the house and said it was interference with other wireless routers in the house.

Fair enough.

I have now eliminated all potential digital interference.

After about 30-40 minutes of watching the recorded hockey game (watching the 2nd period while the PRV is recording the third period) the picture starts to jumps badly.  If I stop watching the PVR and go the the live broadcast there are no problems with the picture quality.  The longer I watch the game on the PVR recording, the worse the picture gets eventually it becomes unwatchable.  My question, is the PVR function on Ignite ready for prime time sports?

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@KJatHome wrote:

After about 30-40 minutes of watching the recorded hockey game (watching the 2nd period while the PRV is recording the third period) the picture starts to jumps badly.  If I stop watching the PVR and go the the live broadcast there are no problems with the picture quality.  The longer I watch the game on the PVR recording, the worse the picture gets eventually it becomes unwatchable.  My question, is the PVR function on Ignite ready for prime time sports?

It appears the Rogers "cloud recording" servers are not up to the task for the number of Ignite customers. "Pausing live TV" of a popular event like Hockey may be "the worst". This is one of the reasons that Rogers only let you pause a programme for 15 minutes as discussed elsewhere in this forum.  Is there any difference between the quality of "pause live TV" and watching a recording that has already finished (from say yesterday)?

Is there any difference between "pausing live TV" and setting a recording of the same programme instead and watching that "recording" while the programme has not yet finished? (this was my recommendation to overcome the 15 minute pause discussion). Is there any difference watching that (recorded) programme once it has finished - say when you're 80% through watching, but the event has ended?

I've Been Around

Hi , we have ignite TV and really enjoy it. But sometimes the volume goes really low without any explanation. It happened for about 10 mins while watching live TV and I had it happen a few times watching shows that were taped on the pvr. Any suggestions?

Hello @mcgoo,

Welcome to the Rogers Community Forums and congratulations on your first post! 😃

Audio issues can really ruin the experience of enjoying a favourite program on your TV.

While we have had several customers report issues with PVR playback, Live TV has been fine, for the most part. Please answer the questions below so we can determine the next steps to take for you.

• Is it just the audio that seems to be affected or do you notice picture quality issues at the same time?
  • Does it always seem to happen while watching content on the same channel either PVR or Live TV or have you noticed this issue on multiple channels?
  • Is the audio completely muted or can you still hear it if you turn the volume up enough?

We look forward to your response!

RogersTony

I've Been Here Awhile

We got ignite TV just after it came out...in the fall.  I have call support and basically haven't got anywhere....always the same issues.

• Is it just the audio that seems to be affected or do you notice picture quality issues at the same time?

--picture quality is affected...sometimes freezes or it jumps ahead

• Does it always seem to happen while watching content on the same channel either PVR or Live TV or have you noticed this issue on multiple channels?

--happens both with PVR and Live TV

• Is the audio completely muted or can you still hear it if you turn the volume up enough?

-- audio completely muted

I have called several times...I just quit calling.  I don't have an hour to complain about what's going on and then to be basically told it appears to be working ok on their end!!!

I was pretty happy with Rogers until I got ignite TV.  I tried to go back to what we had and was told that I wouldn't get any kind of deals...it would end up costing me more than Ignite TV.  I'm almost at the end of this...think I'm going to consider going somewhere else

I Plan to Stick Around

@mcgoo It would be great if all AV equipment worked accurately out the box in any configuration, but that is not the case and technology is just getting more complex. To help assess the problem the complete configurations of all the equipment in use needs to be considered. The problem does not seems to be widespread, and I have not experienced it in 4 months of usage

A few weeks ago there was the occasional audio dropout for a second or two. It appeared to be a backend server performance/capacity issue during prime time. In your case it could a local box problem, a transmission problem, a backend problem, or even the original source.

One thing to check when the problem happens is to rewind to see if it happens again at the same point.

The Ignite service is not perfect, but I am expecting the current common problem to be addressed in the short term. Intermittent or rare problems are harder to resolve. My current occasional issues are not terminal for me.