Ignite TV - Several Issues

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I've Been Around

Re: Ignite TV - Several Issues

I have issues ONLY with PVR playback.

I can be watching Live TV and get full HD no problem - pause and even rewind and fast forward again works well.  Then I switch to watching PVR and the quality goes down.  Sometimes it returns to HD and other times it just stays poor, even pixelating at times.  Forget trying to fast forward.  It just freezes or the image on the screen is not even close to where you have forwarded to when you click PLAY. 

I think the issue is with the PVR servers.  Either there are not enough of them or they are maxing out their bandwidth.

I've Been Here Awhile

I’m still experiencing the same issues with PVR playback... it’s sad to say that I’ve gotten used to the constant poor quality and issues fast forwarding etc. It’s probably been almost 3 months since I’ve gotten Ignite TV and with all the complaints, tickets, etc. I am amazed that Rogers hasn’t stepped up and fixed this huge user experience problem. It’s an obvious issue with their PVR functionality, live TV has always been fine for me. PLEASE FIX YOUR PVR FUNCTIONALITY!!!!! That’s what we rely on the most and we are paying a premium for this!
I've Been Here Awhile

I just called Rogers to inquire about the issues that we are all seem to be experiencing with the PVR.

The technician mentioned to me that they do know about the issue and there is an upgrade happening Friday night into Saturday that supposedly will fix the issue.

I hope it does fix the issue

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

@scottac69 wrote:

I just called Rogers to inquire about the issues that we are all seem to be experiencing with the PVR.

The technician mentioned to me that they do know about the issue and there is an upgrade happening Friday night into Saturday that supposedly will fix the issue.

I hope it does fix the issue

Tech support (L1) have no idea when will be pushed out. As a matter of fact they tell you that they can fix your issue 🙂

He was probably just want to get you off the phone.

I was on the phone with support Manager today and he said that he doesn't know when this new firmware will be pushed out.

I Plan to Stick Around

I have posted a compaint with Commission for Complaints for Telecom-television.

I Plan to Stick Around

Well after weeks of frustrating night time tv watching (Fast forwarding, poor picture) and internet cutouts I canceled my 3 Ignite TV boxes and Internet and replaced it with a Coda Modem again.  I didn't replace the cable box yet as I am investigating tv options.  I'm glad I tried it, but until Rogers fixes these issues, I can't recommend it to anyone else.

Thanks

I Plan to Stick Around

Good. Me too.
I Plan to Stick Around

Lol tech L1 told me it’s because I should watch 4K channels...that was literally her answer to my pvr issues. So I agree, no point dealing with them. Basically if you’ve restarted your box and still have issues, you need to escalate past them.

Btw we should be filing complaints with mailto:response@ccts-cprst.ca

Hello Community!

A warm welcome to the Rogers Community Forums to all of the new users! @smcbay, @Huttz, & @Sahibjones

I rely heavily on my PVR so I really do understand the frustrations that have been caused by the playback issues that some of you have reported. 

I am able to confirm that there is a known issue reported and we are working with the Vendor to find a solution as soon as possible. If you have not had a Ticket escalated on your file please send a Private Message to @CommunityHelps so we can send your information to the Vendor for further investigation. If you are not familiar with our Private Messaging system please Click Here.

@pitfall21, it is disappointing to hear that the Ignite TV service didn't work out well for you. Feel free to send us a Private Message to the same inbox above so we can review what TV options would be available to you.

Cheers,

RogersTony

I've Been Here Awhile

We have been having pvr issues as well.

We had Ignite installed in December and the experience has been awful.

We have had techs here 5 or 6 times now, possibly 7, I’ve lost count.

All equipment has been swapped more than once, all had the latest firmware.

New feeder line from the pole.

Main Rogers hub apparently working fine.

Tech was here earlier today and was waiting in his truck for his supervisor/senior tech to call him back.

Next thing I know, he’s gone!

Another issue that I’ve noticed is that the picture resolution you guys are transmitting for Ignite is not 1080!

At best it’s only 720 or 480!

What’s up with that?!

I have recordings in 1080i and the quality is FAR SUPERIOR, compared to any Ignite channel!

Why are you not providing true HD 1080 and subjecting everyone to sub standard 720-480 resolution?!

Netflix is in 1080 and looks incredible, then you watch the same show or movie on Ignite and the picture quality/resolution is pathetic in comparison!

I’m assuming most Rogers customers don’t realise they aren’t receiving proper HD, wake up people and demand more for your money!

What gives?!