Ignite TV - Several Issues

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Ignite TV - Several Issues

I switched from regular Rogers cable TV service I've had to Rogers Ignite with 4 ignite boxes and have been on it for about 1.5 months. The first 2 weeks no problems, everything working great. For the last 3-4 weeks I've had nothing but problems with the Ignite TV service with no resolution so not sure what to do and if calling another service tech would just be a waste of my time if they do the same thing. Also note I have 2 boxes wired directly via ethernet and 2 are connected wirelessly. I had a service tech come in on SAT JAN 5th to look at the problem for about an hour and his final conclusion after going in and out of the house and checking his computer was that it was some outside the house/back end network issue (he apparently took notes but still issue has not changed).
I'll list some problems I'm encountering below and give you the frequency/probability estimates:

1) When changing channels it shows the 3 loading dots which is supposed to be for half a second usually but it sometimes takes 10-30 seconds (25% of the time)

2) PVR recordings either don't play or if they do manage to play if I decide to fast-forward then it fails whether the  recordings are in the middle of recording or have been recorded already (75% of time)

3) Hitting the C button on the remote to open up sports app takes very long to load and then manages to come up (10% of the time)

4) Sound randomly stops working while video is playing. About 10s later the sound might come back. (<5% of time)

Note1: I have made no changes but 2 weeks into the service these problems have been happening

Note2: I have tried to do speedtest everytime I could while this happens and speeds seem to be fine at about 500Mbps down and 20 up. I am not having any issues with internet as far as I can tell but a lot of problems with Ignite TV.

Note3: I am using the new gateway Rogers provided as it seems to be better this time around compared to the other hardware that I've had from them in the past.

Note4: If I leave it at one channel and don't change channels and not touch the remote it will continue playback and only on rare occasions cause above issues except for one time I was watching live sport and playback would freeze every minute and resume 2 secons later

This is all I can think of at the moment at least for the major issues.

*Added Labels*

Re: Ignite TV - Several Issues

Hello, @j2pc.

Thank you for posting your concern in the Community, I appreciate the details you have included in your post.

The problems you have mentioned, are you experiencing them on the wireless boxes? The symptoms you have described indicates communication delays between the boxes, remote and the modem. 

If it's a backend issue, the tech should have submitted a ticket to have it fixed. I suggest reaching out to your concierge contact if required. 

Thank you for your patience!

Cheers,

RogersMoin

I Plan to Stick Around

The problems listed are happening on all boxes (2 wireless and 2 wired)

I have talked to concierge who then redirected me to tech support which did not resolve the problem.

I have seen people here talk about Sr tech support coming to their house. Is that something I can get a hold of at this point?

Hello, @j2pc.

If it's happening on both wired and wireless boxes then we need to diagnose the issue. Since the issue hasn't resolved after the tech visit, we can run diagnostics again to isolate the issue. You can reach out to tech support again or send us a private message at @CommunityHelps

As for requesting a senior tech, it's usually done by the visiting tech depending on the complexity of the issue and other factors. 

Cheers,

RogersMoin

I've Been Here Awhile

We have the EXACT same issues! We are regretting making the switch to Ignite!
I've Been Around

We're just the first week in and having all sorts of the same issues described above.  Starting to regret the move as well.  May end up moving on!

I Plan to Stick Around

Exact same issues. I’ve had ignite for one week. It’s unwatchable at this point. Is someone looking into this???
I've Been Around

I just received not even 48 hours ago, ignite tv and internet. I’ve had since day 1 on one of the wireless boxes the exact same issue as jpc reported, and the others who reported same problems. There appears to be a pattern here and I don’t feel that ROGERS at this point should ignore or delay finding resolutions. I am sure that many of us are longtime committed and dedicated clients and customers of ROGERS. I to left a message for my concierge and will expect to hear back from them tomorrow. However if this is not resolved and ROGERS is not committed to find a resolution within a reasonable time then I along with all the others here should be compensated for the services lost in the time period reported. Let’s see.... Trying to remain positive . I have a great tech support who Is very knowledgeable. I will be reaching out to him directly if I do not hear back from my concierge tomorrow. Good luck to everyone else. Hope you’re up and running soon
I'm Here A Lot

I have had similar problems for over 3 months now.  Greatest problem by far is with Rogers PVR system.  The PVR appears to work fine during non busy TV viewing times.  eg it is 5 am and it is working fine.  However during peak viewing times it is terrible.  What is interesting is that is during these peak times, the fast fwd / rev functions appears to work fine for live TV and even Netflix but terrible for Rogers PVR function.  Its pretty predictable now as from 8 pm to 10:30 pm it is unwatchable.  I have discussed the concern with several Rogers techs with my findings, they have issued tickets, but no resolve at this time.  I have requested Rogers President to call me later today to discuss to see what she or he has to say.  Like others I am trying to stay optimistic that this problem will be resolved soon.

I Plan to Stick Around

Let us know what the office of the president says. I find Netflix is fine for the most part. Even on live tv, channels take a long time to load.
I have gigabit speed and two eero boosters. My eero app shows 800mbs download but my speed test on iPhone X shows 25mbs. I’m wondering if it’s an issue with the mesh system.
The only reason I haven’t switched to bell is the set top boxes are too large to tick behind the tv. I like my current set up. But if this isn’t resolved soon, I’ll have to cancel.