Ignite TV Service Interruption

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Ignite TV Service Interruption

@robindp wrote:

Hello all,

I have been a Rogers Digital Cable customer for...many years.  I am considering Ignite TV but threads like this give me pause.

Question for all Ignite TV users: When the service is down/unavailable, does the (1) Ignite TV app work? and does (2) Rogers Anyplace TV website work?

Basically: is there a 'backup' should the Ignite STBs go down?

When its down the app is down too.

you cant use anyplace tv any more. Only ignit TV app.

been with rogers ignite from last nov with open tickets at least twice a week, I recommend not to get on it unless you can get $50 to $60 off the reg price.

I'm an Advisor

Thanks for the reply, @seadooxp30.  Did not know that Rogers Anyplace TV website is not compatible with Ignite TV service.

I am leaning toward keeping my digital cable and received a good offer from the management office.  Thanks again for the info!

I Plan to Stick Around

@robindp wrote:

Thanks for the reply, @seadooxp30.  Did not know that Rogers Anyplace TV website is not compatible with Ignite TV service.

I am leaning toward keeping my digital cable and received a good offer from the management office.  Thanks again for the info!

No problem...

Don't get me wrong, its a great service but not ready !

Its more up to date in US (Comcast) but I have feeling that Rogers doesn't have knowledge or latest version.

I have one ticket with voice mail indicator, ad one ticket with Modem locking up.

I'm not counting daily issue that is also happening... (Home phone yesterday and tv on Tuesday night going out)

I'm an Advisor

Hello @seadooxp30,

Yes, I've heard stories on this forum and all over the US (Comcast X1).  Leaning heavily on keeping my digital cable with downgrade to "Popular" package (VIP Ultimate + Movies no longer exists and cannot be renewed).  Will be making my decision tomorrow.

I have a wireless mesh network deployed at home (Linksys Velop, 3-nodes, AC6600) but don't trust wi-fi for reliable 1080p & 4K streaming on four Ignite boxes simultaneously.

Thanks again!

I Plan to Stick Around

IGNITE TV service down again!!
I’m in Richmond Hill and was told is wide spread

Hello @seadooxp30,

Service interruptions can become a major inconvenience especially if it is a recurring issue. =(

I am hopeful that your service has been restored since your last post. If not, please send us a Private Message to @CommunityHelps so we can take a look at what is going on.

If you are not familiar with our Private messaging system please CLICK HERE.

RogersTony

I Plan to Stick Around

@RogersTony wrote:

Hello @seadooxp30,

Service interruptions can become a major inconvenience especially if it is a recurring issue. =(

I am hopeful that your service has been restored since your last post. If not, please send us a Private Message to @CommunityHelps so we can take a look at what is going on.

If you are not familiar with our Private messaging system please CLICK HERE.

RogersTony

It’s back up for now!

i suggest that Rogers have a section on main page to show if there is outage