cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ignite TV Self Installation Options

slagheap
I've been here awhile

i am a existing rogers customer and as  have  coda modem and older rogers tv boxes was looking to switch packages. was looking at ignite popular bundle. i contacted  rogers and inquired about  doing a self install to save on the 150 install fee. the rep knew nothing about that and  and he had me share the  rogers webpage link showing  that it said self install was available. buti was told that with  that package as it  has home phone i  could not do self install and would have to pay the installation fee.

is this right? as all the bundles that inclde the home phone  say  they have self install as a option.

*** Edited Title/Labels ***

32 REPLIES 32

Re: Ignite TV Self Installation Options

TeDD13
I'm a trusted contributor
Well, I believe self-install option has an assumption that there is a working drop line to the house. Unless @Datalink will write a guide "How to install a cable drop line to the house"😁

Also, I believe that another assumption is that you have cable outlets throughout the house as Rogers recommend to place Ignite modem "centrally" in the house, therefore it is not recommended to place an Ignite modem in the basement and then complain that wireless signal is weak on the second floor bedroom.

I have just installed Ignite bundle but still left a modem in the basement to maintain cooler temperatures and because my main network switch is in the basement.

Also, using example of your house, Rogers techs are not supposed to install cable outlets and fish wires inside the house. This is a responsibility of a homeowner/builder.

I just once had a need to get a new drop line inside the house and happened to get a very nice tech, but the guy was still super nervous telling me that they are not supposed to drill inside the house. He also made me sign a paper for every whole he had to drill.

B-a-n-e
I plan to stick around

Thanks for your response.  I've been a customer for about 23 years, but 16 isn't bad 🙂  Were you migrating from a Digital System to Ignite?  Also, can you confirm the date on which the equipment was purolated to you?  Apparently the direction to not allow for migration came down around the 27th.  If they are still providing equipment for TV and Internet then I'll want to get back to them on that, although all the messaging I've gotten has been they are not doing it, with or without home phone. 

TeDD13
At the time of order I just had internet, wireless and smart home monitoring. No TV.
Order date: March 25
Equipment shipped: Mar 26
Equipment received and self - installed: Mar 30

B-a-n-e
I plan to stick around

Your situation may be a bit different because all you added was the TV box. Also, it looks like your order got processed before the instructions to only service new customers (on March 27th).  

TeDD13
Not exactly. Ignite service requires new modem. I had to replace a gateway and add TV boxes. The main point is that Rogers made possible for customers to swap modems themselves. This is a great option.

TeDD13
Thank you for explanation. So far, voip.ms still working fine without any firewall rules

Webster01
I plan to stick around

Rogers I would like my installation fee back that I paid you last September; since hooking up the cable and power cord to my Ingnite modem,  plugging in my wireless telephones to said modem,  then unhooking my Digital boxes,  connecting my Ingnite boxes, pairing my remotes was beyond my capibilities and required their highly trained technicians to install.  LOL The said highly trained technician after pairing the remotes handed them to me and said play with it.  Since Rogers is not available where he lives he didn't know too much about any features.

vo1stv
I've been here awhile

I want to add my voice to the discussion.  

Rogers is still promoting this on their website and have lots of details how it is making service to new customers easier during COVID-19, but 2 days before I was scheduled for my self-install, they postponed my appointment for 2-months saying it wasn't possible.

In an age of global communication, its not good enough to globally broadcast the same message to everyone whether it applies in their area or not.  Global communication means getting the right message out to the right people.  Give the internet another 30-years and maybe Rogers will catch up.

rmm2
I've been around

Me too.   I have rogers internet and wanted to add Ignite TV but was told they are not taking orders for TV now because "things are changing daily" or something like that.  I was told maybe June or July.  This seems very peculiar response from a TV provider. Anybody know what's going on?

Biollw
I'm a senior advisor

I did a new self install last week for a friend. Mind you is was a new apartment building with FTTH. Installer delivered the equipment and was nearby in hall while I installed, fiber connection, modem and 2 TV boxes.

Went without a hitch.

How do i schedule self installation

-G-
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@WarrenDown wrote:

How do i schedule self installation

Hi, and welcome to the Community!

Information about self installation, including "How does this work?", can be found at: https://www.rogers.com/ignite-bundles/self-install

and instructions on how to perform the self-install can be found at: https://www.rogers.com/support/self-install

You first need to place an order for your new services.  This can be done online or on the telephone.  One of the final steps when finalizing the order is to schedule an installation date and time.  If you are a new customer, a technician will still need to be dispatched to perform any required work outside of your home.  The technician will also drop off all of the equipment that you then will need to install inside your home, and will support you throughout the process.

If you already have Ignite TV and just need to, for example,  add a set-top box, I believe that Rogers will simply ship your new equipment by courier, which you can then install at your convenience.  For some equipment, you may also need to call into Tech Support to complete the activation.

Topic Stats
  • 32 replies
  • 7 Likes
  • 12 in conversation