Ignite TV Screen Saver

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: Ignite TV Screen Saver

@Arch1 wrote:

...what exactly is a "Rogers Community Resident Expert?. Thanks, and appreciate your comment/feedback.

https://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/Rogers-Community-Forums-Blog/Introducing-our-current-Rogers-Re...

If you're not familiar with the Resident Experts, they are tenured members of the community who have a demonstrated track record of posting helpful, objective responses and have committed a significant amount of their time to building the Rogers Community Forums.  

They're identified by the Resident Expert rank and icon in the community:

Sample Power Saving article:

https://www.latimes.com/nation/la-na-power-hog-20140617-story.html

Brian Dietz, a spokesman for the National Cable & Telecommunications Assn., said that by 2017 about 90% of the boxes would meet a standard set by the federal government, though a more ambitious standard was already being established.

I couldn't find the exact standards or regulations, however, the companies supplying devices/firmware preferred to "self regulate" before governments put even more stringent controls in place.

I've Been Around

I installed IgniteTv in my moms retirement residence. I leave it on her favourite Italian channel. She is not capable of using the remote. When I visit the next day the screensaver is active with the audio playing. Annoying is an understatement. There should be an option to disable the screen saver full stop. People have different needs and don’t all fit in a single box. Assuming the user can simply click any button on the remote to restore the picture takes for granted that everyone has the ability to do so. Someone forgot to ask what if the user can’t.  Oh well, we can just pretend they don’t exist I guess. 

I've Been Around

Agree totally!!!! I have a family member with dementia who i leave the TV on for in his room. I could do that with the "other" service provider, but since switching to Rogers, i am not able too, since it times out. So annoying and inconvenient that i am actually considering switching back. Very disappointed in Rogers.