Ignite TV Screen Saver

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I've Been Here Awhile

Ignite TV Screen Saver

Is there a way to turn it off? I like to wake up with the TV on.
Also, when I turn on my tv it always displays the screen saver, I have to press the Rogers button for the TV to come on.

*** Added Labels ***

Re: Ignite TV Screen Saver

Hello @MonCheri,

Welcome to the Rogers Community Forums! 😃

I can see how the screen saver feature my not be enjoyed by all customers as it does result in a button press to actually wake up the TV.

I have reviewed the Settings on my end and there does not appear to be an option to disable the screen saver but you can set it to trigger after 5 hours rather than the default 5 minutes. From my understanding, the screen saver prevents the system from constantly streaming content. This allows you to save some energy usage as consistent streaming for 24 hours a day can really add up over the period of a year.

If the current screen saver is not to your liking you can change it between Landscapes, Animals or Entertainment (Pop Culture references) The specific settings can be found by pressing the "Rogers" button on the remote, scroll over to the far right and select on the gear shaped icon to access the Settings, scroll down to "Device Settings", then scroll down to "Screen Saver".

I hope this helps!

RogersTony

I Plan to Stick Around

@RogersTony wrote:

Hello @MonCheri,

Welcome to the Rogers Community Forums! 😃

I can see how the screen saver feature my not be enjoyed by all customers as it does result in a button press to actually wake up the TV.

I have reviewed the Settings on my end and there does not appear to be an option to disable the screen saver but you can set it to trigger after 5 hours rather than the default 5 minutes. From my understanding, the screen saver prevents the system from constantly streaming content. This allows you to save some energy usage as consistent streaming for 24 hours a day can really add up over the period of a year.

If the current screen saver is not to your liking you can change it between Landscapes, Animals or Entertainment (Pop Culture references) The specific settings can be found by pressing the "Rogers" button on the remote, scroll over to the far right and select on the gear shaped icon to access the Settings, scroll down to "Device Settings", then scroll down to "Screen Saver".

I hope this helps!

RogersTony

Rogers need to add option to disable this.

I've Been Here Awhile

Rogers needs to fix this. Rogers should have an option for screensaver that says NEVER. Since with Ignite you get unlimited internet and I think Rogers has done this intentionally so after a set amount of time, the box goes into screensaver and you stop receiving streamed data. It needs to be fixed.  When we are out we like to keep a TV on in our main room for a bit of noise for our retriever. Now screensaver kicks in after 5 hours, and anyone that comes to the front door may have a good indication nobody is home with the screensaver in plain view of the front door. ...security issue?

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

I often listen to only one channel on one of my (regular cable) boxes all day - Stingray Ch 726 (Adult Alternative). Have you tried one of the Stingray channels to see if it still goes into screensaver or power save mode?

I've Been Around

I just got Ignite TV.  I watch CNBC stock market channel all day without touching the remote.  Now after 5? hours it goes off into screensaver.   I have read there is no way to change this so here is my vote to add a "NEVER" option on the screen saver and fix the "all power" button so it puts the ignite box into standby or off.

I've Been Here Awhile

Seems the screen saver issue after 5 hours is what it is, but think that needs to be fixed. Putting the power into standby or off may cause a problem with updates to the box, so just when you are into an interesting part of the movie or sport you are watching, it may go into update mode and recylce your box off at the most inappropriate time. If you think of the old cable boxes, you could never turn it off, ...but could shut off as I recall the display so you don't have bright lights coming from the box if that box happened to be in your bedroom. This allowed for updates.

I Plan to Stick Around

This is very annoying.  My screen saver was set for 5 minutes(it is now set to 5 hours).   It wasn't comming on after 5 minutes but after some hours.  It shouldn't be comming on at all; period, when we are watching TV.  The strange part about this is the audio continues while the screen saver is displayed.