cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ignite TV Remote

Square
I'm a reliable contributor

Hello,

I got the Ignite TV setup yesterday.  My question is about the remotes that came with it.  They are not the same as the ones that came out with the service at the beginning.  They feel harder to press the buttons and have less features on them.   Was there a reason why they switched remotes?

Thank you.

***Added Labels***

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Ignite TV Remote

-G-
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Apparently, you can buy another Ignite TV remote at a Rogers Store for $25.  There's also quite a few people selling XR11's on amazon.com for a reasonable price, and also on amazon.ca but with a VERY hefty markup.

I would try going to a Rogers Store, let them know that you are having difficulty pressing buttons on the new remote, and see if they will give you an XR11 for free.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

-G-
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Wow, did Rogers (finally) switch to the XR15?  That has been Comcast's standard voice remote for a while now, and the XR15 has already appeared on some of Ignite TV's on-screen graphics.  I have mixed feelings about this.  I like the layout of the XR15 better but users have said that the XR11 has a much nicer button feel.

As for why Rogers changed remotes, I suspect that they simply exhausted their production run of XR11's and the XR15's are cheaper to manufacture.

-G-
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

I don't know where Comcast is going with this but an XR16 remote has been submitted to the FCC for certification.

Square

Thank you for the reply.  Yes, that is the remote I received.  I wonder if Rogers can send me one of the old ones to test out?

-G-
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Apparently, you can buy another Ignite TV remote at a Rogers Store for $25.  There's also quite a few people selling XR11's on amazon.com for a reasonable price, and also on amazon.ca but with a VERY hefty markup.

I would try going to a Rogers Store, let them know that you are having difficulty pressing buttons on the new remote, and see if they will give you an XR11 for free.

Square

Thanks, I'll try that.

Topic Stats
  • 5 replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 2 in conversation