Ignite TV Remote - Programming/Setup on RCA TV

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Ignite TV Remote - Programming/Setup on RCA TV

Ignite XR15 remote code for RCA Roku TV RTRU5528-CA

Hello all!

I've gone through all the codes in the Ignite menus for my new RCA Roku TV, model RTRU5528-CA, and none are working.

I'm using the XR15 remote (XR15v2-RQ)

Any ideas?  Thanks in advance!

I Plan to Stick Around

Never mind - FOUND IT!

Roku itself had the answer here:

https://support.roku.com/en-ca/article/212551937

Rogers service is basically Comcast, and 11756 worked beautifully.

I've Been Around

Had the same issue with the Xr15 v2 with my new TCL 55R6  (Full model 55R617-CA)

Using your link posted, the code that was on the xfinity line 11756 worked for me! 

I've Been Here Awhile

my cheap rca did not have a setting called fast start - it is a 19" RCA for the kitchen

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@kkalinow : It shouldn't matter if it has fast start or not.  The TV should still turn on, just take a bit longer. Most TVs have a "light" of some kind that goes off or on when the TV is turned on.

You should be able to find the code for your TV using the following website for the particular remote control you use.  There may be several codes that you need to try, or you could try a code scan, whereby you press a button on the remote until the TV turns on/off and then have the remote "remember" that one.  Here's the link you need. Pick the remote, get the code(s) for your particular TV model, programme one in at a time...  You can also contact URC

https://www.urcsupport.com/rogers/

I've Been Here Awhile

I tried all the above - I need to wait until Monday as even with Rogers representative they didn't or couldn't do any more - she is going to send me a  new IR remote but I am doubting it. RCA customer service is not open on weekend and really - unless you can give me a code for RCA 1970 to work with my rogers 1056B03 remote - then this has been useless help.

Thanks

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@kkalinow wrote:

I tried all the above - I need to wait until Monday as even with Rogers representative they didn't or couldn't do any more - she is going to send me a  new IR remote but I am doubting it. RCA customer service is not open on weekend and really - unless you can give me a code for RCA 1970 to work with my rogers 1056B03 remote - then this has been useless help.

Thanks

Hi.  I think that you may have posted to the wrong area of the forum; I believe that the 1056B03 is an Atlas remote.

The URC support site may have a more up-to-date list of codes that you can try: https://www.urcsupport.com/rogers/

Also, RCA TVs are made, under licence, by the same company that makes Proscan and Sylvania brands, so you may have luck getting codes for one of those brands to work as well.  Have you also tried using the "code search" option?

You can also try searching the Internet for support sites that list URC remote codes that might work with your TV.

I've Been Here Awhile

Hi Everyone,

Having the same issue with my RTU5540-D. But I have noticed something odd. I tried all pairing numbers for RCA and Curtis (seems to be company that made the TV). The code does not change the volume on my tv, but whenever I press the volume button on my Ignite remote, the TV light flickers indicating it recognizes something.

The light flickers every time I use the volume button on my RCA remote and it changes the volume. The light also flickers with my Ignite remote but no change in volume.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
I Plan to Stick Around

@m_tzem wrote:
Hi Everyone,

Having the same issue with my RTU5540-D. But I have noticed something odd. I tried all pairing numbers for RCA and Curtis (seems to be company that made the TV). The code does not change the volume on my tv, but whenever I press the volume button on my Ignite remote, the TV light flickers indicating it recognizes something.

The light flickers every time I use the volume button on my RCA remote and it changes the volume. The light also flickers with my Ignite remote but no change in volume.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

The blinking on your TV only means that it "sees" an IR code... it does not necessarily understand or react to it.

https://www.rogers.com/customer/support/article/pairing-the-voice-remote

Have your tried the "9-9-1" method, in stead of the codes?  See the link above.  Instructions copied below:

• Press and hold the Aand D buttons at the same time until the LED at the top changes from red to green.
  • Enter 9-9-1. The LED button will flash green twice.
  • Press the CH+ button slowly multiple times until the TV turns off.
  • Once the TV is turned off, press the Select button located at the centre of the arrow controls to lock in the code.

When the TV turns off... turn it back on and check the Volume and input buttons.  If both work, you are good to go.  If NOT, then repeat the above instructions but with the following twist.

When the tv turns off the FIRST time, DO NOT lock in the code with "select"...

Instead, just turn it back on with the TVs generic remote, and then keep hitting CH+ on the IGNITE remote until it turns off AGAIN.  Then lock THAT one in, and test for volume and input.

It is tedious, but keep doing that for the 2nd, 3rd, 4th time that it turns off.... until you find a code that works for volume and input. 

I've Been Here Awhile

Thank you so much for your response! I got it to work!

The first time I tried, I pressed OK and not Setup and that was the issue. Thanks again!