Ignite TV Remote - Programming/Setup on RCA TV

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I've Been Around

Ignite TV Remote - Programming/Setup on RCA TV

Just upgraded & the installer could not get the remote set up to control my tvs (rca-roku) I did some research & found you can program them using setup-991-channel up method. Now works fine, but on rca you have to go into tv settings and enable “fast start” so the remote will turn it on. Spread the word

*Added Labels*

Highlighted

Re: Ignite TV Remote - Programming/Setup on RCA TV

Hello, @Cam957.

Welcome to the Rogers Community Forums! 😁

Thank you so much for sharing programming of your TVs using Voice Remote of Ignite TV. The tip of enabling the fast start in TV settings can help others in a similar situation. 

Thanks for your contribution and for your help in keeping the community a pleasant place to be.

Cheers,
RogersMoin

Highlighted
I've Been Around

This method worked for the RCA Roku. A+D, then 991, then channel up until the TV powers off. Then press the OK button on the remote to lock it in. You need to press the OK button before the remote times out with a double blink.

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

So i've noticed quite a few posts about not being able to code an xr15 Ignite TV remote to an RCA TV. I had the same issue.  Tried all the RCA codes and none worked.  I did some homework and found out RCA is made by a number of companies including Voxx International, Curtis International, AVC Multimedia, TCL Corporation, and Express LUCK International, but the code that actually worked for me was for GE which was the original owner of RCA. The GE codes I tried were one of the following.  Hope this helps get your remote working on your RCA tv!

11447, 10047, 11347, 10451, 10051, 10178, 10765, 12360.

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Can't Control RCA TV Model rhos581sm w/ Voice Remote

The codes offered by the remote setup function do not work. On the urcsupport.com site, the model number does not give me a code to use. I just bought this TV, so it's certainly not obsolete. Any suggestions?

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@scouternorm  Which model remote are you using (11 or 15)?  Did you try simply entering RCA and indicating "I don't know the model"?  This gave a number of options - have you tried those options?  Did you see the numbers in the post above yours?  Your post may have been moved to this existing thread - check out earlier posts.

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

I got my mother in law a RCA recently for xmas.  Lower end unit.
The URCsupport did not have the specific model listed in there.

So as 57 said, I just entered RCA.  It gave one primary code, but then also listed like 20+ additional codes.
We had to go through about 6 of them, until it found one that worked.

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

That worked for me too. Thanks 57! I entered RCA and indicating "I don't know the model"?  This gave a number of options . I went to the bottom & the 5th one I tried worked. Thanks!

Solved! Pair Ignite X15 Voice remote with RCA mod# RHOS581SM

Went to https://www.urcsupport.com/urc_product/xfinity-xr15/##setup  and when asked for model of TV, clicked Code Finder, add TV and I just put in RCA and didn't know model number. A whole lot of codes showed up, so I went right to the end, and chose 5 to try. # 10765 did the trick for me! 

Highlighted
I've Been Around

The 991 method with channel up work fine without having to set fast start option is roku rca tv setup.

Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

10765 worked for our RCA (bought at Walmart- 60inch). Thanks so much!