cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ignite TV Remote - Programming Bose Audio System

Genec
I Plan to Stick Around

I have been trying to program the Rogers Ignite TV Remote to run my Bose Soundlink Audio system.I have  tried all the codes listed (aprx 6) but none of them program the remote to run the Bose system.I have found a article on the URCSupport .com website that states.      “the ignite remote comes with VOLUME LOCK defaulted to control volume using TV.To change VOLUME LOCK to another device follow the VOLUME LOCK programming instructions in the Set up section of this site”.                I followed their directions and I am unable to find these instructions on their web site.Has anybody tried their instructions and been able to activate the Rogers Ignite remote to run the Bose Soundlink system?

Thanks

*Added Labels*

25 REPLIES 25

Re: Ignite TV Remote - Programming Bose Audio System

-G-
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@aw1133 wrote:

did you ever figure it out I am having same problem thanks

Are you referring to audio and video being out of sync?  If so, how are your components (TV, audio system, set-top box) interconnected?

Does the problem go away if you change "Settings / Device Settings / Audio / HDMI Audio Output" on the set-top box to Stereo?  If that "fixes" it, does A/V remain in sync if you change the setting back to Auto Detect?

PamR
I'm Here A Lot
Thx for this info! The link worked great and I'm now connected to my Bose speaker! Much needed to help with voice audio!

Turlu
I've Been Here Awhile

I just got the ignite TV as well and have the Bose soundbar with woofer and I just cant seem to find how to have my ignite remote (XR15) to control the volume of the Bose audio bar.  When you follow the instructions (press A, then Remote setup) it does not give me a choice to select the Bose device, but only sees the Sony tv as a choice.

How can I get it to work?

Please help me out, if possible. 

Thanks!

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@Turlu : Go to the following website, use the "setup" option and programme in the code(s) for Bose for the audio option.  

https://www.urcsupport.com/urc_product/rogers-xr15/?product-provider=365

Try the various setup codes for Bose by saying that you don't know the model number.   Start with code 31933 and keep going until one of the codes works.

Turlu
I've Been Here Awhile

Cool!

I will try that tonight!!

Thanks so much!!