Ignite TV Remote - Programming Bose Audio System

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Ignite TV Remote - Programming Bose Audio System

I have been trying to program the Rogers Ignite TV Remote to run my Bose Soundlink Audio system.I have  tried all the codes listed (aprx 6) but none of them program the remote to run the Bose system.I have found a article on the URCSupport .com website that states.      “the ignite remote comes with VOLUME LOCK defaulted to control volume using TV.To change VOLUME LOCK to another device follow the VOLUME LOCK programming instructions in the Set up section of this site”.                I followed their directions and I am unable to find these instructions on their web site.Has anybody tried their instructions and been able to activate the Rogers Ignite remote to run the Bose Soundlink system?

Thanks

*Added Labels*

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: Ignite TV Remote - Programming Bose Audio System

@Genec wrote:

...I am unable to find these instructions on their web site.

Go to the website:

https://www.urcsupport.com/urc_product/rogers-xr11-2/

Click codefinder > Add new Audio > Bose > I don't know my model > I get 31933 plus 5 other numbers to try if that doesn't work.

You then need to click on "setup audio device control"  It then says:

"Turn on your Audio Device and follow the steps below to set up your remote

Be sure to point the remote at your Audio Device during setup

1. Press and hold SETUP until the LED turns GREEN

2. Using the digit keys on the remote, enter the code shown in the code finder above

3. Test the remote to confirm that it controls your Audio Device Volume functions as expected. If it does not, try again using the next code listed

Is that what you did?

Once you've done that, the volume should control the Bose and the "All Power" button should turn all 3 devices on/off.

PS. All of the above assumed that the remote was already controlling your TV properly (on/off/volume).  If not, then you should programme in the TV functionality first (test for on/off/volume), then do the audio and test for on/off/volume.  Once the audio device is programmed in properly, it should control the audio volume, not the TV volume..

I Plan to Stick Around

Thank you for your reply. I have already tried all of the numbers listed.If you scroll down at least a couple of pages pass the codes.... you will see frequently asked questions, and that’s were they talk about volume lock. The ignite remote does control the TV functions..I just assumed the “volume lock “ might help if I can find the instructions

thanks again for your reply

Gene

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@Genec wrote:

...if I can find the instructions...

I don't understand why you say you can't find the instructions when they are outlined in the link I provided and also in my previous post itself. I'm confused by your comment.  Perhaps you can give Rogers a call and they can assist. 

I often find that if you have another person handy, you can read the instructions to that person and that person can programme the remote. In this way you won't be doing things using "muscle memory" and possibly doing it incorrectly.  Do you have a more "tech savvy" person available to help you?  Does the Bose have a model number? If it does, perhaps URC support code finder will provide only one "correct" code...

I Plan to Stick Around

Sorry for causing confusion.i have tried all the codes from the article you sent me none of them work(aprx 6 codes).If I schroll 2 pages past the info you sent me on the same site...under the heading Frequently Asked Questions...they mention “that the Rogers ignite tv remote comes with the volume lock defaulted to control volume using your TV. To change volume lock to another device follow the volume lock programming instructions in the setup section of this site” and when I go to the set up section of this site there are no programming instructions I am hoping that somebody may have those instructions and would share them. I am hoping that the programming they describe would then allow the ignite tv remote to accept any of the codes.

Thanks 

Gene

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Again, the instructions are outlined in the link I provided and in my first post of this thread.  The remote defaults to the TV for volume, however, as soon as you add the audio device as per the instructions, then the remote should control that device for volume and all three devices for on/off.

Just follow the instructions in post 2 of this thread and have someone with you to check what you're doing or have them do it.  If you can't get it to work, call Rogers.

I Plan to Stick Around

Thanks I will call Rogers as I still can’t program the Rogers Ignite TV remote to run the BOSE speakers. On off volume etc.

The remote does turn on the TV and all the other commands for TV ie guide ,menu etc

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Be aware that the IR code for a particular device, like a soundbar, may not be programmed into that remote.  Do you have an exact model number for that device and does it give you a code if you put in the exact model number?  (I realize there are 6 codes that come up for Bose in general.)  I would have thought that something as general as volume would be there though...

I Plan to Stick Around

Yes the model number is 3232A-410635 the code they gave me for the Bose Soundlink Air was 30674.It still doesn’t work

thanks

I Plan to Stick Around

I further check with Rogers re ignite TV remote support..no other codes other than the original 8 codes have been released....I will just have to wait until some new codes are released...

Gene