cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ignite TV Remote - Controlling Volume

jimy
I plan to stick around

Does ignite tv remote change volume by voice? If so mine is not..any suggestions..it is a sharp roku

*Added Labels*

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Ignite TV Remote - Controlling Volume

-G-
Resident Expert
Resident Expert
@jimy  wrote:

Does ignite tv remote change volume by voice? If so mine is not..any suggestions..it is a sharp roku

Not as far as I know, at least not yet.  It is technically possible to change the volume via HDMI CEC System Audio Control.  However, the Ignite set-top box has only basic HDMI CEC support at this time, and Comcast also has not yet integrated this capability with Voice Control... but it looks like they may be planning to some day.

When you give voice commands such as "TV Off" or "Volume Up", the set-top box recognizes them but only responds with, "Sorry, I can't control TV power yet." and "Sorry, I can't control TV volume yet."

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

-G-
Resident Expert
Resident Expert
@jimy  wrote:

Does ignite tv remote change volume by voice? If so mine is not..any suggestions..it is a sharp roku

Not as far as I know, at least not yet.  It is technically possible to change the volume via HDMI CEC System Audio Control.  However, the Ignite set-top box has only basic HDMI CEC support at this time, and Comcast also has not yet integrated this capability with Voice Control... but it looks like they may be planning to some day.

When you give voice commands such as "TV Off" or "Volume Up", the set-top box recognizes them but only responds with, "Sorry, I can't control TV power yet." and "Sorry, I can't control TV volume yet."

jimy
I plan to stick around

Thank you. We setup Google home to do the volume by voice

How did you set up your Google to do the volume control? I have a Roku tv and can't get my volume to work on the remote either.
Topic Stats
  • 3 replies
  • 3 Likes
  • 3 in conversation