Ignite TV Remote - Controlling Volume

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jimy
I Plan to Stick Around

Ignite TV Remote - Controlling Volume

Does ignite tv remote change volume by voice? If so mine is not..any suggestions..it is a sharp roku

*Added Labels*

Solved! Go to Solution.

Accepted Solutions
-G-
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: Ignite TV Remote - Controlling Volume

@jimy  wrote:

Does ignite tv remote change volume by voice? If so mine is not..any suggestions..it is a sharp roku

Not as far as I know, at least not yet.  It is technically possible to change the volume via HDMI CEC System Audio Control.  However, the Ignite set-top box has only basic HDMI CEC support at this time, and Comcast also has not yet integrated this capability with Voice Control... but it looks like they may be planning to some day.

When you give voice commands such as "TV Off" or "Volume Up", the set-top box recognizes them but only responds with, "Sorry, I can't control TV power yet." and "Sorry, I can't control TV volume yet."

View solution in original post

All Replies
-G-
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@jimy  wrote:

Does ignite tv remote change volume by voice? If so mine is not..any suggestions..it is a sharp roku

Not as far as I know, at least not yet.  It is technically possible to change the volume via HDMI CEC System Audio Control.  However, the Ignite set-top box has only basic HDMI CEC support at this time, and Comcast also has not yet integrated this capability with Voice Control... but it looks like they may be planning to some day.

When you give voice commands such as "TV Off" or "Volume Up", the set-top box recognizes them but only responds with, "Sorry, I can't control TV power yet." and "Sorry, I can't control TV volume yet."

View solution in original post

jimy
I Plan to Stick Around

Thank you. We setup Google home to do the volume by voice