cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ignite TV Recordings Not in Sync

dmcevenue
I've been around

We have 3 Ignite TVs. On 2 of them all the PVR schedules and recorded shows are the same, but not on the 3rd one. The recording function on the 3rd TV works but is not in sync with the other 2 TVs. How to fix this?

***Edited Labels***

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Ignite TV Recordings Not in Sync

-G-
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@dmcevenue  Welcome to the Community!

Normally, the PVR screens on the set-top boxes should be in sync with each other.  Actually, they don't technically sync to each other but rather to the Ignite TV back-end systems.  To sync a set-top box with "the cloud", go into "Settings / Device Settings", then select "Sync PVR".

Over the weekend, I noticed that my interactions with the Ignite TV PVR service were much more sluggish than usual.  It took a long time to schedule a recording and it took a long time to delete recordings.  Response is normally instantaneous.  I don't know what the problem was but things seem to be back to normal now, at least for me.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

-G-
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@dmcevenue  Welcome to the Community!

Normally, the PVR screens on the set-top boxes should be in sync with each other.  Actually, they don't technically sync to each other but rather to the Ignite TV back-end systems.  To sync a set-top box with "the cloud", go into "Settings / Device Settings", then select "Sync PVR".

Over the weekend, I noticed that my interactions with the Ignite TV PVR service were much more sluggish than usual.  It took a long time to schedule a recording and it took a long time to delete recordings.  Response is normally instantaneous.  I don't know what the problem was but things seem to be back to normal now, at least for me.

Gdkitty
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

The ignite boxes do have some controls as well for what they can see/not see.
I am not home in front of my box to tell exactly where, etc.

But in the settings, there is a spot to say WHAT can be seen/see from that box.
That you can say only that box can see recordings it sets, or which other ones are allowed to as well.

-G-
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@Gdkitty wrote:

The ignite boxes do have some controls as well for what they can see/not see.
I am not home in front of my box to tell exactly where, etc.

@dmcevenue  There are two places where you can set this:

1. Go into "Settings / Preferences / General".  Set "Display Recordings On:" to "All Devices"
  2. On the list of recorded programs, to the left of the "% Full" indicator, you can see whether you are viewing recordings on All Devices or just for one specific device, and can change the setting from there as well.

cduncan3328
I've been here awhile

How do I stop recordings from showing up on the upstairs and downstairs tvs.  What to keep them separate.

@cduncan3328 wrote:

How do I stop recordings from showing up on the upstairs and downstairs tvs.  What to keep them separate.

There is a setting, "Settings / Preferences / General / Display Recordings On:" and it defaults to "All Devices".

You can change that to a specific set-top box.  However, I don't know of any way to "lock" that setting (to prevent viewing the programs recorded on another STB) or how to to prevent a set-top box from accessing the cloud PVR altogether.

If you are worried about kids accessing content that is inappropriate for them, the only thing that you can do is to set up parental controls.

Topic Stats
  • 5 replies
  • 4 Likes
  • 4 in conversation