Ignite TV - Recorded playback issues

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I'm a Reliable Contributor

Re: Ignite TV - Recorded playback issues

You should be able to rely on tech support to resolve on their own, but it does not hurt to do some research (your posting here) as well as some tests. Try running internet speed tests (wired and wifi) to confirm you are getting the speeds you contracted for, and to determine if this is contributing to your issues. If you have a baseline when things seem normal, try running another speed tests when you are having issues. This information could be helpful.

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

I cant comment, not being there, as to how good of a job those guys did.  you could have 100 techs out, but if they are all doing a poor job.

Are the signal levels, after all the work they did, good to the modem?  (if you would like help in how to log in and get them, which you can post here and we can tell you if they are or not) 
If everything has been replaced and the signal still poor.. it might be an even bigger issue.. going beyond the house.  Where they need to get maintenance involved to check the local nodes.. or even further down the line.

With the pods, you have tested to see that you are getting a decent wifi speeds in those areas? Putting them in is great.. assuming they are set up properly.

Not blaming the techs.. but seems like 1/2 of them come in and either dont care, rush through, or dont know enough, to do a good, proper job.

Beyond that.. could very much be a back end issue in that area, which is 200% rogers job to fix.

But just saying overall.   With a GOOD setup, with things installed properly, with the back end wherever someone is working fine.. There SHOULDNT be those issues.  They dont effect everyone.
I have the 500mbps package.  I do speed tests 2-3 times a week, and almost always am getting over the 500 (on wired).  I have the modem, and 3 pods.  Wireless around the house, generally only can max a speed test, at around 150, but still more than enough.   we watch a lot of TV and netflix, often simultaneously, in the same room (my son on his computer/tablet), with I would say a min 6 other devices running/streaming/playing something, off that same wifi pod, with no issues on the TV side at all (live or playback).  All in all, i have over 100 internet connected devices in my house.

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

I did the speed tests (from the Rogers site) and posted them in an earlier post. I do not know if they are good or not.

The techs did the tests to the modem and said they were good.

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Depends on your plan.. and if those were on wireless or not.
Unfortunately, to get a more proper speed test, you need to do via wired, at least to gauge the that the modem is getting the right speed.

No offence to the techs.. but I dont trust 1/2 of them sometimes.. as there are enough BAD ones it seems out there.

You can have signal, which is within SPEC.. but even within those specs.. towards the outer edge, could cause issue.

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Low playback sound on Ignite TV recordings

Some of my TV recordings have very low sound. With volume at maximum, we can hardly hear. This happens only on some recording but not others. They were recorded on different channels. I restarted the TV box with no effect. We get the same low sound if we playback in the iOS app.

Highlighted

Is the volume any different if you play an On Demand version of the recording (if available)? Is this on a particular channel, and is the volume normal if you watch live. Also try chaining the audio setting on the box to PCM to see if that makes a difference.

Highlighted

Well the Recordings don't have Dolby Digital 5.1, so all my recordings are low sound.  When I watch On Demand or Live TV the sound is way high.  So sick of playing around with the sound!!  Can't wait till I move in July to get rid of this mess!!

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Recorded programs volume on Ignite

It seems the recorded program has lower volume compare to the live one or on demand.

I need to adjust the volume level 6 up when watching recorded shows and lower it by 6 again when going back to live or on demand. I am just wondering if there is a fix for this one.

I noticed also that video quality is better/clearer on ignite compare to Bell Fibe TV which is great

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Reading from other posts, the low volume on recordings was reported more than a year ago and still no fix until now?
Highlighted

I have an AVR as part of my home theatre. For me there is noticeable difference in sound volume between live or recorded. This was confirmed using a sound level meter.

However, there is the issue of no sound from the centre channel, but that is a different problem.