Ignite TV - Recorded playback issues

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: Ignite TV - Recorded playback issues

@va04580 wrote:
The email provided is missing info. What should we type before the @

They want you to send a PM (Private Message), not an e-mail.  Here are the instructions on how to do that:

https://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/Rogers-Community-Forums-Blog/Get-to-know-your-Community-How-To...

You can also simply click on the @CommunityHelps hyperlink when you're logged in and click on "Send a PM" at the right side of the screen.

Highlighted
I'm a Reliable Contributor

Was this ever resolved?  My recordings are very low sound and my Dolby Digital 5.1 is not working on the recordings, but is working on Live Tv.

Highlighted

Hey @Square!

Thanks so much for sending us a PM, we'll be happy to look into your issue further there :).

@RogersAndy

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

I have the same problem as everyone else. We have had ignite TV/Internet/phone for 3 weeks now.

The picture freezing and sound cut out is not channel or show specific. There are even times the screen goes black for a few seconds.

Another thing is streaming. Watching Netflix  (or Prime) the program often stops and we get the circle 0-100 while it seems to be loading. I even get notice on my brand new Sony Bravia that the connection is low.

I have had several technicians here since the installation guys left, one from Rogers and one independent (who always change things because I think they get pad by how much they change LOL) and they say everything is great.....only it is not.  They even installed  couple of the pods. No better.

I do a Rogers speed check and the best I have gotten is

Ping 19ms

Jitter 3 ms
Download 59.9 Mbps
Upload 13.6
I am sorely disappointing with Ignite. Not only have we lost some features we liked (on screen phone an the ability to send call to voicemail) , and everything now takes 2, 3 or more clicks of the remote where it used to be one click.
But the biggest issue is the freezing and sound cut out.

Highlighted

Greetings @schmidtp!

Please give our team the opportunity to troubleshoot this issue with you. We definitely want you to be happy with Ignite, so let us see what we can do about restoring your speeds. 

Please PM us @CommunityHelps for further troubleshooting assistance. If you're not familiar with our PMing process, you can find instructions here.

Regards,

RogersCorey

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

What do you want me to say that I haven't already said? I told you that besides the installers, I have had 2 people from Rogers in my house.

This is a problem that many seem to have. Almost 1200 posts. Why can you not help us all instead of me PMing you so you can only help me?

I can but what do you want me to say or tell you?

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Because its not a 'help us all' type of thing.

While there seems to be quite a number of people with some problems, its not global.  Not every user are having those issues.
So its not something that can be 'globally' fixed.

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

I sent the PM.

I am very sure lots of other folks would like to know what to do with very similar problems though or what the potential causes are.

It does not have to be "global" to be helpful to other Rogers customers.

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Every customers issue could be different.

I wont say it cant be back end.  There could be something wrong on the back end which serves a particular area, that wont effect another.

But with many I think its a lot about setup (initial or otherwise).

-Poor internet signal.   If your signal is not very very good, since now everything 100% runs off the internet, it can cause issues (anything from pixelization on TV, etc).  This can be something as simple as replacing splitters, cables, etc in the house.  But could require more, outside cable replacement, or more like maintenance on the street or local node.
-Poor wifi - wifi needs to reach all the areas of the house that much better, since the TV boxes connect to it.  The pods can help elevate this.  But  even with that, there can still be bad setup.  The tv boxes, even with the pods, sort of lock into and try to re connect to the specific one they were on before.  It it was set up wrong, it could be trying to connect to one farther away with poorer signal.

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

If you read my post (and I have read this thread as well as others as well as complaints about Ignite on the internet), the issues are very similar.

In my case, I have had the installers come and do set up, they even changed the modem (router?) as the first one did not work properly. I have called with issues to Rogers after they left. They tried to resolve by doing whatever they do from wherever they are.

I have called again and they have sent out a guy to fix it. The guy replaced some connectors etc and tested all he could test and then installed a pod. That did not work. I have rebooted my modem several times, I have rebooted (?) my set top boxes several times.

I called again and another guy came. He did a; the testing again, then replaced some wires and the same connector the other guy replaced. Then he added another pod.

Now, as a result of posting here, I have a Rogers tech who told me to PM him and he will look at my file to see what was done and will try and help.

So, the set up has been done 3 times (initial and 2 techs), the internet has been tested, connections replaced, I have 2 pods (close to the set top boxes).

When watching Netflix, the program often quits and has to re-load (?) with a message that says the connection is slow (or similar, I cannot remember the exact wording).  I think lots has been done and by reading posts and complaints, similar situations are happening to others.