Ignite TV - Recorded playback issues

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I'm Here A Lot

Re: Ignite TV - Recorded playback issues

I get that but about the in demand show to abruptly shuts down (black screen)?
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@va04580 : This sorts of issues are often related to a poor signal in your home or neighbourhood.  Please see the following post on signal.

https://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/TV/Nextbox-3-0-PVR-Skips-Recorded-Playback-Only/m-p/387839#M42...

Contact Rogers and have them check your signal (Neighbourhood, home and sometimes specific box) and/or check the signal yourself per the above link.

Sometimes the issue is Rogers' Server related - either during playback, or when the programme was originally loaded onto the server.  If it happens on the same programme in the same spot, it was probably the later. In any event, contact Rogers when this happens.

I've Been Here Awhile

Have had Ignite for about 6 weeks, had a few issues but overall not bad until a couple days ago. When playing anything recorded on NBC the sound cuts out after 3 seconds. If you fast forward, even for just a moment the sound comes back, but just for 3 seconds. Watching live sound is fine and it is happening on all three boxes. We PVR The Today Show and NBC News everyday and this is a deal breaker if we can’t get it fixed.

Greetings and welcome to our Community @wilden11!

If you've been having issues recording content via your Ignite TV PVR, then you've come to the right place. I can help. It's possible this is a localized signal issue or an issue direct from the broadcaster. I will need to investigate and potentially launch an escalation to resolve this if I cannot fix it through troubleshooting.

Please PM us @CommunityHelps for further assistance. If you're not familiar with our PMing process, you can find instructions here.

Regards,

RogersCorey

I've Been Here Awhile

I’ve used ignite for about a month without problems and started seeing the problem with audio stopping after 3 seconds or so on PVR recordings on multiple channels as well (starting around July 10th or so).

A workaround seems to be to switch to turn the video description audio on for the PVR recording... for most shows it’s the same as the normal audio track and it doesn’t have the problem of cutting out after 3 seconds or so.

I've Been Here Awhile

Thank you I will try that. 

I've Been Around

I'm having the same issues with the sound cutting out. Switching the Video Description on does work, but is annoying if the program actually has described video.  Why is this happening?  It's so weird because the audio track does seem to be present in the recording. If I resume the recording or fast forward the audio is back, but only for a few seconds. It's super frustrating.

I Plan to Stick Around

We had the same problem (as reported by wilden11 in message 23)  on just one recording ... Big Little Lies, recorded on HBO (Crave) on Sunday, July 14. I ended up deleting the recording and watching the "On Demand" version with no problem. I didn't report it because this was the only occurrence. 

I've Been Here Awhile

I have the same problem on Rogers Ignite with the sound cutting out after a few seconds on some PVR recordings. Clearly the sound track is there because if you exit and resume, you get another few seconds of sound.

It has happened on shows from various channels, so it's not a channel-specific problem. And and it's happening on more and more shows. Very frustrating.

Re-starting the box doesn't help, but I thought I should mention that I tried that, more than once. Using Described video might work for some things as a short-term workaround, but I'm hoping for a real solution.

Geneviève

Hey everyone!

Thanks so much for taking the time to share your experience with us! Audio loss during any program will certainly take away from the intended Ignite experience! We'd love to assist and get to the bottom of what's going on. To help narrow down what's causing what you're experiencing can you provide us with the most recent example by filling out the following information?

• Name of the Show Impacted:
  • Channel Number:
  • What time did it air:
  • What time did it end:
  • When did you play it back, if recorded?:
  • What specifically was experienced during this program:

Thanks so much!

Looking forward to getting to the bottom of this.

@RogersAndy