Ignite TV - Recorded playback issues

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: Ignite TV - Recorded playback issues

Somewhat.
But really what it means.. is that the techs should be trained all to the same levels.
And held up to those standards.

If They dont keep up to those standards, say after cases like these they are reprimanded? Too often, you wont keep your job.

Its up to rogers to ensure that these techs are doing their jobs right.

I Plan to Stick Around

Agreed.

Hopefully, Sr mgmt has indicated regular review of the community forum is required...to ensure concerns like this are addressed.
I am disgusting CM with the president's office, at this time, and will include installation skills and review a part of the to-do list.

I've Been Around

Same issue. Get the dots. Freezes only on pvr playback. Have to reboot and usually works. Quite a nuisance.
I Plan to Stick Around

Twice now I've experienced horribly pixelated PVR recordings in the Ignite "cloud".  Saturday night live this weekend was basically unwatchable, and last night our recording of "Ellen's Game of Games" was terrible too.  Every minute or so you get a 1-2 second blast of MPEG encoding blips.

I have a XB6 (CGM4140COM) modem and Xi6-A boxes on the TV side over wifi.  But I've worked out that this is absolutely not a home network issue -- the issue is with the recording.  I see it on all devices the exact same way, same time, and even on my iOS Ignite app. 

When I delete the show from the PVR list, and watch it "on demand", the picture quality is fine.

I don't seem to have the issue with Sportsdesk, which I record daily.  It seems to just be on US networks.

Anyone else see this issue?  Basically the "cloud" PVR is useless, as far as I can tell.  The recordings are largely unwatchable.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

If the programmes air on the Canadian Channel (simsubbed), record the Canadian channel instead.  There are also CC issues with the US channel recordings, so something appears to be amiss when trying to record the US channels.  What might happen is that the simsub somehow causes issues there.

I Plan to Stick Around

Maybe a coincidence, but both times I had this issue it was a simsub of NBC programming...
I've Been Around

Rogers Ignite PVR playback no sound when played on my laptop

My PVR playblack on my laptop (ignitetv.rogers.com) does not have any sound. If I access the show on my tv it does have sound. How do I fix this? It only seems to happen with NBC shows. For example, I have no sound when I try to watch Chicago Med (PVR'd on NBC) or Blacklist (PVR'd on NBC) but Jane the Virgin (PVR'd on the CW) does have sound. Please help!

Hello @AmandaKo1,

Welcome to the Community!

Not much of a point watching a show without audio 😞. It's odd that the issue is specific to just one channel. Is the audio okay on the live channel for you? Have you tried to watch the same episode on On Demand to ensure this wasn't an issue with the episode itself? What browser are you using on your laptop? 

Also please let us know if the issue persists on recordings from the same channel again.

RogersZia

I'm Here A Lot

I had this issue twice this week while watching on demand shows. I wish the fast forward was enable so I can skip the part prior the blackout.
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Most programming that is available on premium channels like Crave (formerly TMN) will allow for FF, REW, etc.  Most programming that airs on non-premium channels will not allow FF, REW, etc.  These restrictions are required/requested by the "broadcaster" (rights owner), not the service provider.