cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ignite TV Power Saver Settings

RogersMoin

Hello, @wand612.

Thank you so much for sharing your problem and resolution with the Community. Keep authoring more solutions! 👍

Cheers,
RogersMoin

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Ignite TV Power Saver Settings

wand612
I've been here awhile

I think I finally resolved a problem I had been having with my ignite controlled tv. Often when I turned it on I would see a Rogers advertisement of some sort and then have to wait a very long time for the tv to actually start broadcasting.

My Solution: I think this was due to the fact that the ignite box power saving option was set to off, which was causing ignite to go into screen saver sleep mode, and this in turn caused startup problems with my Samsung smart tv. Anyways, I have turned on the power saving feature and things are working beautifully. 

Support History: I spoke to Rogers over the phone about my problem, and they even installed a new modem for me, and the problem persisted. I never mentioned the Rogers screensaver that was appearing because I thought it was a normal part of the process. Still, it would have been nice if someone had mentioned the power saver setting as a possible cause.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Re: Ignite TV Power Saver Settings

wand612
I've been here awhile

I think I finally resolved a problem I had been having with my ignite controlled tv. Often when I turned it on I would see a Rogers advertisement of some sort and then have to wait a very long time for the tv to actually start broadcasting.

My Solution: I think this was due to the fact that the ignite box power saving option was set to off, which was causing ignite to go into screen saver sleep mode, and this in turn caused startup problems with my Samsung smart tv. Anyways, I have turned on the power saving feature and things are working beautifully. 

Support History: I spoke to Rogers over the phone about my problem, and they even installed a new modem for me, and the problem persisted. I never mentioned the Rogers screensaver that was appearing because I thought it was a normal part of the process. Still, it would have been nice if someone had mentioned the power saver setting as a possible cause.

Topic Stats
  • 1 reply
  • 1 Like
  • 2 in conversation