Ignite TV Playback Options for Recordings in Progress

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I've Been Around

Ignite TV Playback Options for Recordings in Progress

Can I start watching a show from the start that is still recording?

**Labels Added**

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: Ignite TV Playback Options for Recordings in Progress

Provided that you started recording at the beginning, yes, you can start watching while it is still recording. This is possible with any PVR.

Ignite also has the restart feature whereby you can watch some programming from the start even if you missed the beginning, but then you need to watch the commercials and not all channels have restart.

Highlighted

Hi @andyspencer!

A warm welcome to the Rogers Community Forums, we hope you enjoy your visit! Congrats on your first post! 👍

That is a fantastic question that I'm sure other customers may be wondering as well! I know that this functionality is possible as I've used it myself quite a few times. Whether or not it is available for EVERY channel is something that I am not certain of. I can confirm that it will work even if you started the recording late, but it will only begin from when the recording was started. To see if you can playback a program that is already being recorded, please try the following steps on your remote control:

1. Press the 'Rogers' button.

2. Select 'Saved'.

3. You should be able to see your recordings that are currently in progress from any of the first 3 menu options (ForYou, Recordings, Scheduled).

4. Scroll down and select the preferred in progress recording and select 'Watch'. The program should start playing from the start of the recording.

Thanks @57 for mentioning the 'restart' option which is available on certain channels. This is great for times where you forgot to set your program to record but it's still live. You can also wait until the program is finished and then watch it back On Demand too. 

I hope this is helpful! 😁

RogersLaura

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

There is no “watch” option. I just got ignite yesterday. But can confirm there’s no feature like that.

If I select a recording in progress, there’s “episodes” (also no watch feature), record options, other times, and series info.

Anyone get this figured out?
Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

I will have to talk to my wife, but I am pretty sure she does it on a regular basis.

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@Jorange  It works for me.  (Just tested it.)  On Ignite TV, you can watch a recording that is in progress just like you would any other recording.  If you pause/FF/rewind, you will also see that the progress/time bar is red, and it will turn blue when recording has completed.

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Please write every step down that leads you to a play button.
Because the only way I could do it required more than 30 clicks, which doesn’t make sense. Simply clicking on the recording itself should produce a “play” button, which it doesn’t.
Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@Jorange  Are you able to watch any recordings?  You don't need to do anything special to watch a recording that is in progress.  I used the same steps as what @RogersLaura  wrote:

Press the Rogers (Menu) button, select "Saved", "Recordings", arrow down to the recording at the top of the list and press OK/Select.  You should then see: Watch / Episodes / Delete / Record Options / Series Info...

Select Watch.

If you don't see this or cannot see your recordings, it's possible that something may not be quite right with your account and you are unable to access the cloud PVR.  To ensure that everything is in a good state, restart your Ignite modem by power-cycling it.  (Wait for the status LED to turn solid white.)  Reboot your Ignite set-top box by power-cycling it.

If that does not fix things, you might need to perform a System Refresh: Press the "A" button on your remote to access the Help screen, then select "System Refresh"