Ignite TV - Placement of STBs

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I've Been Around

Ignite TV - Placement of STBs

I’m looking into getting Rogers Ignite TV, but am wondering where people put their boxes and if it is small enough/works when it is mounted behind a TV? TV in bedroom and basement it’s fine to put the box on the tv stand, but living room my TV will be mounted above the fireplace and I’ll have nowhere to set a box. Does anyone have this experience? Photos appreciated!!

*Added Labels*

I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Ignite TV - Placement of STBs

@Calistap wrote:

I’m looking into getting Rogers Ignite TV, but am wondering where people put their boxes and if it is small enough/works when it is mounted behind a TV? TV in bedroom and basement it’s fine to put the box on the tv stand, but living room my TV will be mounted above the fireplace and I’ll have nowhere to set a box. Does anyone have this experience? Photos appreciated!!

The STBs measure 5" square and are about 1" high, so small. It should work behind a TV because the STBs are capable of receiving both IR and RF signals and can be placed inside a cabinet/cupboard so presumably behind a TV wouldn't be a problem unless the TV interferes with the WiFi signal. Of course if the STB is hard wired then that won't be a problem. I am assuming that if the TV is mounted above the fireplace that you are running the power and HDMI cables in a conduit behind the wall.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: Ignite TV - Placement of STBs

Exactly this.

With these boxes, by default they communicate via RF, and dont require line of sight.
So you could hide the box behind the TV, etc..  and not have anything exposed.