Ignite TV - Pending Install : Arris XB6 vs. Technicolor XB6

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

Ignite TV - Pending Install : Arris XB6 vs. Technicolor XB6

First of all the Rogers Community Forums are a wealth of knowledge,  thank you to everyone for their experience good or bad,  and solutions provided.

My adventure into the  Rogers Ignite Tv  experience happens this Saturday, fingers crossed for a good install and overall performance,  from the digital world of Rogers, currently have all services cable, internet, home phone and smart home monitoring with Rogers.

I have searched the forums and basically need reconfirmation on a couple of points:

1. Depending on where the best location for the XB6 in my dwelling is, and hoping it is where my current Hitron is located,   I may not have a telephone jack present in the particular room.  I would prefer to omit the demarc point in basement as placement option.  Therefore, may I decline the Home Phone line setup for the current moment?

As in all honesty, the  majority of our telephone conversations are on our  cell phones also form Rogers.  I understand that an additional setup fee will occur if I decide  later down the road to hook up home phone.

2. In reading all the issues with the Arris XB6 modem, when tech shows up, I will ask if the Technicolor XB6  is available, if not may I postpone install to a later  time or day to ensure the Technicolor XB6  is installed?  Can I swap the Arris if it is the only choice at a Rogers Store??

Thank you.

***Edited Labels***

Re: Ignite TV - Pending Install : Arris XB6 vs. Technicolor XB6

Hey @Mike3023,

I'm confident your installation will go smoothly and I'd be happy to help answer your questions. Smiley Happy 

1. You can opt out of the Home Phone service if you like. To do so, you would need to give your Concierge a call. I'd recommend keeping it if you are on the fence though. You could hook up a set of cordless phones to by-pass the inside wiring of your home and also ensure the Gateway is installed in the best possible location for Wi-Fi coverage. Worse case, just don't plug a phone in. You can always cancel it later if you decide you don't want it.

2. At this time, you can't swap out Ignite equipment at a Rogers retail store. However, the technician should have a Technicolor for the install.

I hope that clears things up!

RogersTim

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@Mike3023 : Just as an FYI, the phone modem doesn't have to be at the demarc. If you have phone wiring throughout the home, you simply need to plug into any one of the jacks in your home and the signal will "backfeed" to all the other jacks, assuming the phone wiring is all still connected at the demarc.

The option mentioned above of plugging in a cordless phone base at the phone modem is another good one.  This will allow you to put cordless phones in many rooms of the house and not have to worry about carrying around your cell all the time.

I Plan to Stick Around

Thank you to both replies. I truly enjoy this forum.

I will hook up our cordless phone direct to the modem. That was simple.

Once again thank you.
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

The backfeed did not work in my house. The installer tried, then had to locate the Ignite modem in the basement near where the old Home Phone modem and 3rd party (non-Rogers) alarm control box was.