Ignite TV PVR

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Ignite TV PVR

When we try and replay shows we record it keeps switching to on demand shows which we can't fast forward or rewind. How do we stop this from happening. 

*Edited Labels*

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Contributor

Re: Ignite TV PVR

I just had ther same thing with recorded Market Place. It said it had an error with the recording and switched to On Demand version. Of course you can not FF with on demand so we had to watch the commercials, well sort of.

Is this a Network provider scam? Forcing us to see the commercials even though we recorded it?

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

I think its just a bug in system.

Something bad in the 'recording'

We get that about one out of every 7 recordings or so?  Havent seen it in the last week or so though.
Some are just fine, even multiple in one series (so say episode 5 plays fine, 6 does that, 7 plays fine)

I think its sort of a built in 'feature' so to speak.
That if for whatever reason the recording is bad.. it tries and finds an on demand version of it, so you are not completely out of the recording all together.

But yeah.. unfortunately your stuck with the no FF, etc like on a bunch of on demand stuff then..

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Think it is more than a bug. We have had it happen at least 8 times this weekend. 

@Gdkitty wrote:

I think its just a bug in system.

Something bad in the 'recording'

We get that about one out of every 7 recordings or so?  Havent seen it in the last week or so though.
Some are just fine, even multiple in one series (so say episode 5 plays fine, 6 does that, 7 plays fine)

I think its sort of a built in 'feature' so to speak.
That if for whatever reason the recording is bad.. it tries and finds an on demand version of it, so you are not completely out of the recording all together.

But yeah.. unfortunately your stuck with the no FF, etc like on a bunch of on demand stuff then..

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Just saying I havent seen a rhyme or reason to it.. 

If it was specifically targeting in some way, you would see it all like all episodes, etc.

Could be that it pops up when the box can talk to the specific recording server(s), etc.

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

We record a lot of shows and we have had it happen only once.

We were recording TWD and started to watch it about 10 minutes into the show. When we fast forwarded to the end where we had caught up, it said an error had occurred and we switched to on demand. It was about a minute behind but since we were live anyway, it was not a problem.

We have not encountered this problem on any next day watching. Hopefully this is not a new problem ...

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

It seems to be every show recorded on global

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

I have two TVs connected to ignite tv and was wondering if I can record shows on tv downstairs only so that they dont show up on the tv upstairs?

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

The PVR is in the cloud, so it has nothing to do with a particular TV or box. You could perhaps set a PIN on the recorded programme so no-one else could watch it, but I believe the title may be "visible" from any TV connected to Ignite. The various boxes are just "portals" and do not contain any recordings, unlike the PVRs in the previous digital TV system.

Highlighted
I've Been Around

I need the same thing. 

When I was speaking to Rogers before installation, I was informed that my three tv’s would each have separate pvr’s.

Now after installation, there is only one pvr shared by all three tv’s.

I was specifically told this would not be the case. 

I had a tech here to try and find out why download speeds were topping out at 320-350Mbps when I’m paying for 1Gbps. He stated that he has never seen coax go over 400Mbps, even under ideal conditions and times.

He also said that the separate pvr issue can only be resolved at head office by assigning each tv node a separate account id based on ip address's.

Going to call tomorrow and get that done.