Ignite TV - No Sound

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Rodent
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Ignite TV - No Sound

Anybody with this issue? Rogers Ignite

I’ve start to notice Sound randomly stops working for a second while playing saved video or watching Rogers on Demand shows. And as abruptly it stops it starts up again it’s like a hiccup.

Bplayer
I'm a Trusted Contributor

Yes. It started over the last week and with saved programs. The dropouts occur at the same spot if the recording in rewound so my conclusion is that it is with the recording and not a glitch during playback. I do no watch enough live TV to observe if it happens there, but a rewind should give an indication of the problem.

Rodent
I Plan to Stick Around

I'll have to try the rewind again. I thought when I re-winded it the sound drop did not re-occur.  However I did notice the same sound drop with watching a movie on NETFLIX... I thought maybe some sort of buffering issue? There needs to be a fix if this continues....Thanks Bplayer

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

If the problem occurs at exactly the same spot, then the issue is with the "recording", not with the streaming function.  For an on-site PVR it would be the copy on the hard drive when it was recorded (or the original programme). For Ignite recordings it would be on the Rogers server. For Netflix it would be a fault in the recording on Netflix' server.

If it doesn't occur in exactly the same spot, then the cause may be on your end, or perhaps in the buffer on your device, but you could tell that by rewinding or FF a long ways to get "away" from the buffer and then seeing/hearing if the problem is still there.

Rodent
I Plan to Stick Around

It still happening and I tests rewinding past the spot it occurred and there is no dead spot. Tried it a few times with the same result (corrected no sound). Starting to happen fequently on Ignite, wonder if the issue with service provided to house....Likely have to call support if this continues...

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@Rodent wrote:

It still happening and I tests rewinding past the spot it occurred and there is no dead spot. Tried it a few times with the same result (corrected no sound). Starting to happen fequently on Ignite, wonder if the issue with service provided to house....Likely have to call support if this continues...

Are you saying that when you rewind and watch the same segment that the sound drops at the same point each time, or that it does not drop at the same point each time, playing back properly.  If the former, then the issue is with the recording on Ignite's server is it not?  Do you get any sound dropouts on "live" TV?  If you do, what happens when you rewind live TV?  Does the sound dropout at the same point again, or does the segment play back properly?

Rodent
I Plan to Stick Around

Sorry, what I was trying to say was when I rewind the sound droppout is no longer there and the vid continues as if it never happened at that spot, and then it appears again as some point of my recording. I haven't tried it with Live tv and then rewinding as it does happen during live TV. The other think I noticed since I started using Netflix and Amazon Prime there is no sound dropouts at all. 

It's seems point more and more to a Rogers Ignite issue with my service. 

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@Rodent : If you rewind and it plays fine, then it's not a Rogers server issue. I'm guessing it's some sort of signal issue, especially if you have the issue on live TV.   Either in your neighbourhood or in your home.   Talk to your neighbours to see if they have similar problems...

Rodent
I Plan to Stick Around

So far hasn't happened on live TV. Mostly just Recorded shows. Why a signal problem in my area. Both neighbours don't use rogers. Should Rogers be telling me what the problem is? You think its the wireless TV box to the ignite modem?

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

I'm not on Ignite, so someone else may be able to provide more specific information.  IIRC the IgniteTV app allows you to check the WiFi signal, but it may also be the signal coming to your home.  You can always try contacting Rogers.