Ignite TV: No Closed Captioning on some Channels and Poor Image Quality

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Ignite TV: No Closed Captioning on some Channels and Poor Image Quality

iI am hearing handicapped and rely on closed captions to better understand the dialogue on various channels.

Closed caption does not work on the following US channels:

9 NBC, 20 ABC, 36 FOX 

None of the following news channels has closed captions.  Why?

117, 118, 119, 120, 122, 123

The image quality on the following channels leaves a lot to be desired.  Is there any way that Rogers can improve the quality? 118, 122,123

Thank you

Jean-Guy

***Edited labels***

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: Ignite TV: No Closed Captioning on some Channels and Poor Image Quality

@jean999 wrote:

iI am hearing handicapped and rely on closed captions to better understand the dialogue on various channels.

Closed caption does not work on the following US channels:

9 NBC, 20 ABC, 36 FOX 

Hi!  Welcome to the Community!

Your channel numbers are different from mine (they vary by area; Rogers tends to keep the channel numbering when they acquire a local cable company) but I am definitely getting closed captions on NBC, ABC and FOX.

While testing ABC, I tuned in during a commercial break.  Of the four commercials that I saw, one had closed captions but the other three did not.  When "Good Morning America" returned, CC was present.

The closed captions are encoded in the source signal that Rogers receives.  Rogers does not generate CC by processing the audio in real-time.  If the captions are not present or the transcription is awful, it isn't a problem with the Rogers service; the fault usually lies with the originating network.

The image quality on the following channels leaves a lot to be desired.  Is there any way that Rogers can improve the quality? 118, 122,123

You will need to report this (and any other service-related issues) to Rogers.  If you send a Private Message to @CommunityHelps and describe the specific problem that you are experiencing in more detail, one of the Moderators will create a support ticket on your behalf so that the Ignite TV technical teams can investigate (and hopefully resolve) the issue.

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Re: Ignite TV: No Closed Captioning on some Channels and Poor Image Quality

Private message has been sent but I've heard nothing back yet.