cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ignite TV - New Customer - Feedback

TracyLee
I've been here awhile

I just switched to Ignite on Friday, not too happy thus far. 

I was never told this was going to be an android box that has to be shutdown all the time 

and restarted to get it to work properly. I was amazed to see that if you press the A button

on the remote the first choice is to restart(which may fix many common issues). Now is that not 

admitting that there are Many Common Issues with this service. Also nightly the audio and video go out of sync,

I have to change the channel and then go back for it to sync again. Not a better service.

***Edited Labels***

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Ignite TV - New Customer - Feedback

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@TracyLee wrote:

...nightly the audio and video go out of sync,

Go to Rogers, Settings, Device Settings, Audio, HDMI Audio Output and select "Stereo". This usually fixes synch issues.

As for the other issues you mention, they do not exist for most people, so you may wish to contact Rogers since it should work just fine.  If it doesn't, there may be a signal or other issue in your home or neighbourhood.

TracyLee
I've been here awhile

So i cant use dolbly 5.1? I set it to stereo to see if it works but again my old service used 5.1 dolby.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

What works in one product, doesn't necessarily work in another.  If you're not using an AVR in a Home Theater, then there is no issue using Stereo with a TV. Even with an AVR, Stereo may be a better choice. See the following thread on the topic of Surround Sound:

https://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/Ignite-TV/IgniteTV-Surround-Sound/m-p/493199#M14173

Topic Stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 in conversation