Ignite TV - Netflix subtitles

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
fgfgf
I Plan to Stick Around

Ignite TV - Netflix subtitles

Is anyone else having problems with subtitles not displaying properly on the IPTV Netflix app?

Every other line is missing, and this is happening on all programs I have tested (about 10).  Seems to be a bug with the app.  Checked on another player, and the subtitles are not missing from the programs.  

***Edited Labels***

RogersZia

Re: Ignite TV - Netflix subtitles

Hello @fgfgf,

Welcome to the Community :)!.

I appreciate the details you've provided so far. I wasn't able to replicate the issue on our end. Could you please confirm if your box is up to date with the most recent firmware? Also can you please provide 2-3 examples of the shows you noticed this on, along with the time stamps where you've noticed missing subtitles. 

Looking forward to hearing from you.

RogersZia

-G-
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

I've tested this as well (and enabled subtitles in different languages) and it also seems to work fine for me.

RHstats
I Plan to Stick Around

I've experienced this problem but slightly different context. Subtitles appear for one sentence, then the person speaks again and subtitles either don't appear or flash on so quickly that it's impossible to read them. Next person speaks and subs return. Happens intermittently throughout the programme. Mind you, the translation is usually pretty poor but that may be just for the programme that I was watching,.

fgfgf
I Plan to Stick Around

That's exactly the problem I have.  Thanks for describing it a little more clearly.  

The problem disappears for a while after using the "Reset Netflix" option in the Troubleshooting menu.  Which necessitates logging back in to use Netflix again. Rebooting the box does not fix it.

So currently, I can't get any screengrabs bec I just did a reset.  If anyone can post pictures, that would be great.