Ignite TV Internet - Google devices connection issues

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: Ignite TV Internet - Google devices connection issues

As myself being a tech support person (for another company), being able and know how to support EVERY internet connected device.. will never happen.  There is no way they can know how to do all of them.
(Basics maybe, yes, but not all details).

The techs out to the house, even more so, are techs for setting up the MODEMS and TV boxes, and often dont know a lot about computers network setup, etc.  Its not part of their job.

I have talked to others, that have used the chromecast with Ignite just fine.

I am wondering if its more of a SIGNAL issue.  That the chromecast is not picking up a good enough signal, or that there is interference with it. 

I've Been Here Awhile

After hours on the phone with support I have given up. Google recommended trying some settings which even support wasn't able to access.
I fixed the problem by bridging through the Rogers modem and setting up my own router.
I Plan to Stick Around

we got ignite tv, internet and the wifi hub yesterday, and it’s been nothing but a headache to get setup correctly. The worst has been my 2 chromecasts, the hub absolutely refuses to recognize them. I’ve reset both chromecast, reset the wifi hub, changed the connection name to use -5G at the end. Nothing works. They are both first gen chromecast devices and worked flawlessly with my other modem. Has anyone else had a similar issue, or even better has anyone found a solution I’m really frustrated after 5 hours of troubleshooting and constantly hitting a brick wall so any help would be appreciated.

Hello, @Dire.

I appreciate your patience with the first-gen Chromecast setup. It can only connect to a 2.4GHz network. At times such devices may encounter difficulties connecting when band steering is in use. 

By default, the band steering is enabled on XB6 modems. It's required so all the set-top boxes and devices automatically connect to the best band/network either to 2.4GHz or 5GHz based on device capabilities, signal strength and congestion.

If you have changed the name of the 5GHz network, please revert it so both the 2.4GHz and 5GHz have the same name. 

I suggest trying the following steps:

You can also check the Chromcast firmware version and update it if required. 

Please make sure you to enable back the 5GHz network after setting up Chromecast.

If still help is required, you may want to check out Chromecast Community

Cheers,

RogersMoin