Ignite TV - Intermittent Black Screen

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I've Been Here Awhile

Re: Ignite TV - Intermittent Black Screen

This was fixed by switching it from HDMI 3 which roger tech set it up with to HDMI 1 after that I had no more issues
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@Schelle : Thanks for the update. As discussed in post 8 of this thread, the box may have been sending a signal like 4K to an input (HDMI3) which could not accept that signal, or had other issues. Switching to HDMI1 solved the issue.  

You didn't ever answer the questions in post 8, but I'm glad your problem is solved.

I'm a Trusted Contributor

I have notice that this happens on my TV as well.

TV will go black for several seconds then come back. More so on live tv and has just started a couple of months ago.

Thnx

Bill 

I've Been Around

Just had Ignite tv installed. Service tech was great. Since the tv has been on, the screen goes black for a few seconds and then on again. Every hour or so. Anyone have this problem?

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@nz123  : It looks like your post may have been moved into this thread. Check out earlier posts in this thread, especially post 8 onwards.  It can be an HDMI-CEC issue, or a poor signal to the box/home/neighbourhood.

I Plan to Stick Around

I had this issues as well when mine was installed last Saturday. I changed my HDMI cable and the problem went away, haven't had an issue since. 

I've Been Here Awhile

the exact thing is happening to me on one of my tv's.  Rogers tells me its a problem with my tv.  I think that answer is ridiculous and bull!

Hello, @sharmac1

Welcome to the Rogers Community Forums!

I can totally understand how frustrating it must be dealing with this black screen issue.

• Can you confirm what type of TV you are using and the approximate age of the TV?
  • Have you tried using a different HDMI cord to see if there is any improvement?
  • Are you using the HDMI cord provided with the Xi6 Set-top box? 

We look forward to your response!

RogersTony

I've Been Here Awhile

My tv is Dynex and its approximately 5-6 years old.  I am using the HDMI cord that came with the box.  The only way I an get a picture on my tv is to uplug the box and plug it back in when I turn on the tv.  Not sure if it matters,  but the white on the box does not always stay on.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Could be the HDMI cord, try another if you have one (from a DVD player, etc) just to eliminate that.

Sounds like the box may be loosing connection.
How is the wifi where the box is?  
Not infront of my box right now, but I believe that there is a spot in the settings which show how your wifi setting is, a poor connection could cause it to drop out.