Ignite TV - Installing my own mesh network

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I'm Here A Lot

Re: Ignite TV - Installing my own mesh network

I went to link proved to me above and followed the instructions. I also saw another link that advised and I followed: changed the name and password of my Ignite network to match the mesh Network name and password. When it resets all the TVs worked. Before that step I turned on bridge and TVs didn’t work. I wasn’t sure how to connect but the above step made it so much easier. 

I've Been Here Awhile

Ignite Arris XB6 --- Extender/Mesh --- Arris Surfboard Max???

Good day,

Just wondering if anyone has had an success with MESH systems or extenders with the Arris XB6 modem/router.  I know Arris just released the Surfboard Max system and thought it may be a possibility seeing as its made by the same manufacturer.  Every time I call in to ask usually just the the answer of “don’t”. 

Please and thanks

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Some others on here have got them going..

I am using the rogers supplied one and its working fine.

I think a lot is in HOW its set up.
-modem in modem only mode, mesh doing it all, which can have extra tv setup

-modem in router mode with wireless off, mesh only doing wireless, etc.

I Plan to Stick Around

@pwc_brick1I don't think that there is any advantage (or reason) to purchase Arris-branded Wi-Fi gear.  I'm using a Linksys Velop and I have not run into any issues whatsoever.  Rogers also offers (and fully supports) the eero Wi-Fi mesh.  The most important thing is that each Xi6 set-top box needs to have good connectivity, your Wi-Fi network must be installed correctly, and you need to monitor your Wi-Fi environment regularly to ensure you don't have any channel conflicts with neighbouring Wi-Fi gear (or any other sources of interference) that could impede the performance of your home network.  Your Wi-Fi network needs to be rock-solid stable and if you should ever run into any problems, all of your Ignite TV equipment needs to be in a supportable configuration.