cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ignite TV Installation - Status of Installs Postponed by the Pandemic?

ReneHache
I plan to stick around

Does Rogers have resume installation of Ignite TV after being postponed by the pandemic?

I live in New-Brunswick and I was planning to upgrade to Ignite TV early april when my discount ended, but I heard that Ignite TV installation was postponed, now I'm paying full price for cable.

Also, when I check with my address it sometime say that ignite is not available in my area, but it might be a system error because of french accent in the address street name.

***Edited Labels***

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Ignite TV Installation - Status of Installs Postponed by the Pandemic?

stefer009
I plan to stick around

I'm in Moncton too.  Well I talked to a CSR via chat last week, and only had internet... asked for Ignite TV, and he said no installs for 60 days, then he realized that I didn't have any tv yet so he made an exception.  A couple of days later, the tech dropped the modem and receiver at my door and called me from the van to help me with the self-install.

Now my friend who lives in a town 40 ~ mins from here, she contacted them, she already had tv, asked to upgrade to ignite tv, no mention of the 60 days period of no new installs... they just said yes and the tech showed up at her door the next morning with the hardware and he called from his van too.

Depends on the CSR you talk to maybe?

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

stefer009
I plan to stick around

I'm in Moncton too.  Well I talked to a CSR via chat last week, and only had internet... asked for Ignite TV, and he said no installs for 60 days, then he realized that I didn't have any tv yet so he made an exception.  A couple of days later, the tech dropped the modem and receiver at my door and called me from the van to help me with the self-install.

Now my friend who lives in a town 40 ~ mins from here, she contacted them, she already had tv, asked to upgrade to ignite tv, no mention of the 60 days period of no new installs... they just said yes and the tech showed up at her door the next morning with the hardware and he called from his van too.

Depends on the CSR you talk to maybe?

ReneHache
I plan to stick around

ok, thank you.

I have a friends that is already on the waiting list, he have no tech knowledge so he can't self install.

For myself I wanted to wait to make sure before making the call (live chat). I could probably do the self install, I have some cable knowledge, I've been reading and researching.

I'm guesting that tech installation will resume when NB will get into the green phase (when vaccine is found) of the pandemic.

I'm ok with legacy for now, there's not much to watch, it's mostly reruns anyway, specially it's summer schedule on most channels, september would be a great time to upgrade.

RyeEncoke
I plan to stick around

Next summer, less than 6 months, my legacy service will again expire and I will have to negotiate a new bundle.  I don't particularly want to switch to Ignite tv, but the cost of continuing my legacy digital bundle is getting ridiculous.  The problem has been because I need tv, internet and phone that there is no self install option...which thankfully I am grateful for as I don't want to be bothered installing it myself.  But during Covid the technicians can not install.

So will there be a time when the technicians can enter my apartment to do the install?  If not why will Rogers not allow my current digital bundle to continue at the price I am currently paying instead of continuing to force me to pay more and more for lesser bundles?

Hello, @RyeEncoke

Thank you for posting your inquiry to the Community. 

We hope that you will consider switching over to the Ignite TV platform, its got a lot of great features that are not available on digital TV. Being able to access integrated apps like Netflix and YouTube without having to switch inputs is a huge plus for me and the Ignite TV app is great for setting up, managing, and viewing your PVR content.

We do have the option for a Courier Delivery with 3 product Ignite migrations. This means Rogers Home Phone customers migrating to an Ignite 3 product bundle and keeping their existing home phone number can enjoy more convenience and flexibility for easy self-install, with no need to wait for an appointment. In-home appointments are also available for select addresses based on the latest regional public health guidelines. 

We'll be happy to provide you with the specific options that would be available to you. Please send a private message to @CommunityHelps so we can get started on this for you.

Not familiar with our private messaging system? No worries, click here.

RogersTony

Topic Stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 in conversation