Ignite TV - How to change DNS on XB6 (CGM4140COM) modem?

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I've Been Around

Re: Ignite TV - How to change DNS on XB6 (CGM4140COM) modem?

how did you disable the ipv6??

I Plan to Stick Around

I have my Rogers box in bridge mode and on my own router (ASUS RT-AC86U) I went into the ipv6 tab and disabled it.
Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Hey guys, I just got this new modem with my Ignite service. Are we able to set custom DNS servers, and does it offer any type of IDS (Intrusion Detection Service)? Is there any tweaks/settings that ya'll recommend for optimal performance?

I love the Broadcom chipset in this thing, my ping and latency seems much better than the unpredictable Hitron it replaced.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

That I am aware, you are not able to assign a different DNS with the modem/gateway itself.

Likely would have to go in bridged with your own router. (but that recalls another whole setup then for the TV units.)

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@Gdkitty wrote:

That I am aware, you are not able to assign a different DNS with the modem/gateway itself.

Likely would have to go in bridged with your own router. (but that recalls another whole setup then for the TV units.)

I'm also not aware of any way to change the DNS settings on the XB6 itself.  However, I can confirm that if you put the XB6 into bridge mode and use your own router, you can configure 3rd-party IPv4 and IPv6 DNS servers and Ignite TV and Netflix still work fine.

I Plan to Stick Around

Always one step forward two steps back with this company.