Ignite TV Guide/Images

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I'm a Reliable Contributor

Re: Ignite TV Guide/Images

@pitfall21 wrote:

Hi Gdkitty,

2.  Does Netflix work in 4K on the ignite box? I already have the 4k package for my smart TV.

I asked my concierge but he didn't know questions 2 and 3.

Thanks!

Yes 4k will play with the Ignite Netflix app. The same as when using the Netflix app on my smart tv.

I Plan to Stick Around

@Gdkitty Can you post the pictures of the modem/router that is being used for the new Ignite service? I would like to see its size, shape and type of ports that are available.

Thanks.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Dont have access to it right now, as I am away.
But this is it

It takes up about the same space as the other most current modems at rogers like the CODA, etc.

As per the picture, it has 2 phone ports for the home phone.  Its bigest downside.. only two ethernet ports.

I Plan to Stick Around

So the home phone service coming out of the cable modem as well?

The reason I ask is that when I was at the Rogers store at SQ1 and asked the staff how it works; the staff said they would give me a "wireless home phone".  I asked him to clarify whether this is a "cell tower to analog phone adapter" and he said yes.  (I was skeptical about his comments.)

I'm a Reliable Contributor

The wireless home phone I do not think is part of the Ignite TV bundle. It has it's own phone based on the cable connection. More or less IP based but not part of the home networking systems.

I've Been Here Awhile

Just switched over to ignite tv. The one thing I lost from my old cable which makes me very mad is I was able to look at the preview and reviews of the movie. And the biography of the actors in the tv shows and movies. This is a big loss for me
I Plan to Stick Around

@kpetz wrote:
Just switched over to ignite tv. The one thing I lost from my old cable which makes me very mad is I was able to look at the preview and reviews of the movie. And the biography of the actors in the tv shows and movies. This is a big loss for me

To each its own; I don't have Ignite currently but I have no issues with the lack of such features.  If I want reviews, I'll look at rottentomato.com.  If I want learn more about the actors, I'll visit imdb.com or their personal websites, Facebook or Twitter feeds.  I have used Rogers in the past and Bell at the present, I have never used these features on the TV.