Ignite TV Flex Channels for Popular TV

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I've Been Around

Ignite TV Flex Channels for Popular TV

I almost converted back to Roger's tv but have the same concern I did when I left Rogers.
Why does the Popular bundle not list the same Flex channels available in the Premier, Flex 10 and Flex 5 bundles?
Example: BET, GameTV, Rewind
I notice there are lots geared to sports channels which generally appeals to the male gender. BET could be construed as racial, Rewind could be construed as age.
Shouldn't all Flex channels on the lower bundle be offered in the next level up?

**Labels Added**

Highlighted

Re: Ignite TV Flex Channels for Popular TV

Hello @mgerrits,

Welcome to the Community and thank you for your post!

Even though you have the pool of up to 82 flex channels with the package of your choice, the available options vary depending on the package you subscribe to. This option is in place so you can avoid paying for duplicate channels and create a custom package that’s right for you!

You can check out our Ignite TV™ Knowledge Base article FAQs for Ignite TV Packages and Channels for more info.

RogersZia

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: Ignite TV Flex Channels for Popular TV

@mgerrits wrote:

I almost converted back to Roger's tv but have the same concern I did when I left Rogers.
Why does the Popular bundle not list the same Flex channels available in the Premier, Flex 10 and Flex 5 bundles?

The pricing of each package and the channels that are offered all come down to a bunch of business decisions.  There are certain price points that Rogers needs to hit in order to compete, they need to offer compelling packages that customers will want to buy, and they also need to differentiate themselves from their competitors.  The costs of the Flex Channels that are offered as part of each package also need to be, at best, revenue neutral.  That's why you won't find many (or perhaps any) Bell Media-owned channels, or any of the other higher-priced channels, offered as optional Flex Channels in Popular.

Popular will be a perfect choice for some but not for everybody.  It certainly wasn't for me.

Shouldn't all Flex channels on the lower bundle be offered in the next level up?

I'm pretty sure that Premier does contain everything that Popular offers, has more (and a wider range of) Flex Channels, and offers more choice at a higher price point.  I haven't really looked at the Flex 5 and Flex 10 bundles.