Ignite TV Feedback

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Ignite TV Feedback

Actually, the “For You” section has the recordings in icon/pic format and broken into TV & Movies so there is that. 😀
Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Interestingly, the WEB version of it, when you go to the recordings, shows up just the same as on the box.
But on the top right, there is a little icon, which you can change the view over to an Icon view.

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Why isn’t the CW network and MYTV (chan 166 & 167 on Brampton digital) still available on Ignite? Also, there are several other american channels available here via antennae that would be nice Flex (or package extra) options. Any chance of them in future?
Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@OldFatUgly wrote:
Why isn’t the CW network and MYTV (chan 166 & 167 on Brampton digital) still available on Ignite? Also, there are several other american channels available here via antennae that would be nice Flex (or package extra) options. Any chance of them in future?

Have a look at https://www.rogers.com/web/consumer/ignite-bundles/channels and https://www.rogers.com/web/consumer/ignite-bundles/themepacks

Ignite TV does have a "US Superstation Pack" theme pack.

It looks like these channels are also included in the "US Timeshifting" theme pack along with their western counterparts, strangely for the same price.

They are also included in some of the Movies theme packs as well.

Given their relatively low price points, I don't know why they can't be made available as Flex Channels.

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Thanks for the heads up about the Theme Packs … it turns out that the reason that I didn't have those channels is because I didn't carry over my "US and Canadian Timeshifting" ($6/mth) … and as a bonus, I also get the "US Super Channels" back (in digital I had to take the $29/mth Movies package for them as of a couple years ago but they are included with US Timeshifting again on Ignite.

Now if only I could get my "let me save less than 86" Flex Channels and "pick my favourite channel WHERE I choose (ie. TSN/Sportsnet etc. NOT as 22 and 30 but in the cluster with their other channels) over the first chronological guide entry" I'd be available for Rogers Ignite Commercials.  🙂 🙂

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Why are the page-up and page-down buttons On the remote set to advance 5 minutes each time when most commercial breaks are between 3 to 4 1/2 mins. At the very least, this “jump” time should be a user programmable setting ... 30secs/1min/2min to multi-push through commercials ... or 3min or even 4min quick jumps ... but 5 mins is too much time to be useful for anything but skipping through a show.
Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

You can programme the remote to skip 30 seconds.  You can also use the voice command to skip ahead whatever you want.  Check out the following link:

https://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/Ignite-TV/Question-regarding-Ignite-TV-remote/m-p/449148#M3516

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@OldFatUgly wrote:
Why are the page-up and page-down buttons On the remote set to advance 5 minutes each time when most commercial breaks are between 3 to 4 1/2 mins. At the very least, this “jump” time should be a user programmable setting ... 30secs/1min/2min to multi-push through commercials ... or 3min or even 4min quick jumps ... but 5 mins is too much time to be useful for anything but skipping through a show.

You can use the "Skip ahead 3 minutes" voice command.

You can also program the Xi6 so that the Page-up button skips ahead 30 seconds: https://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/Ignite-TV/Question-regarding-Ignite-TV-remote/m-p/449148/highl...

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Thanks. 30 secs is better than 5 mins and will work well with the voiced “skip ahead 3mins” command.

This forum is great ... and ai’m liking my Ignite experience so far ... but my two main concerns herein earlier re: save less than 86 and designating which channel appears as my favourite in the guide ... are still outstanding 😀
Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Contributor

Current state of Ignite modem

After hectic couple of weeks at home with kids I finally realized that I need TV channels back. So I ordered Ignite TV. After going through many relevant threads I expect a ton of issues. So I just have several questions about the state of Ignite TV in 2020:

1. It seems that Ignite TV is only approved for correct functioning when the Ignite modem is in gateway mode. Can it function as a capable router? Can it do DMZ, VPN, Port Forwarding?

2. Can Ignite TV box be connected to the Ignite gateway through ethernet cable or it can only work through wireless connection?