Ignite TV - Factory reset Ignite TV Set-Top Box

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I've Been Here Awhile

Ignite TV - Factory reset Ignite TV Set-Top Box

How do you factory reset the Rogers Ignite 4k boxes? All I can do is restart them. 

*Added Labels*

Re: Ignite TV - Factory reset Ignite TV Set-Top Box

Good evening @pynky 

Thanks for joining the Rogers Community!

I understand you need to factory reset your Rogers 4K box.

Have you had a chance to check out the steps outlined in @57's post?

@57 wrote:

If you're on Digital Cable (Not Ignite). Go to Settings, scroll up one to Troubleshooting, select Restore Factory Settings.

If you're referring to the Ignite TV service, I'd like to provide you with your options.

There are four easy ways to reboot your Ignite TVBox. Please check out this article to see how.

Are you trying to delete everything that is on the cloud?

If you're experiencing any technical issues, resetting the Rogers Ignite Modem (Arris XB6)  is a simple way to resolve various technical difficulties.

1. While connected to your Wi-Fi network, open an internet browser on your computer or device.
  2. Enter https://10.0.0.1 and hit Enter.
  3. Sign in with the following credentials:
    • Username: Admin
    • Password: Your Wi-Fi password or the default “password
  4. Select Troubleshooting.
  5. Select Reset/Restore Gateway.
  6. Select one of the following reset options:
    • Restore Factory Settings – Activates your gateway default settings (all your previous settings will be lost)

Kindly, let us know if you need further assistance!

RogersMaude

I've Been Here Awhile

Hi Maude,

No none of that answers my question.

I want to erase and factory reset the small HDMI ignite tv box. Erase it just like it came out of the plastic. No wireless settings. No synced remote. Completely factory reset.

I’m not talking about the XB6 modem/router.
I’m not referring to cloud recordings.
Specifically mean the Xi6-A ignite tv box.

How do I go about this?

Hey @pynky!

If you're having an issue with your Ignite TV Box we can certainly assist with that. Alas a factory reset of the Xi6-A Ignite TV boxes cannot be done by Rogers technical support or by the customer. What was the reason you were looking to do the reset?

@RogersAndy

I've Been Here Awhile

I changed the SSID of my wifi and the box is still trying to connect to the old ssid. I need to get it to boot to the select wifi screen like when it was new.

Hello again @pynky,

Thanks so much for clarifying exactly what you needed to accomplish. We can definitely help provide you with the steps on how to manually enter the SSID information for the Xi6 set-top box. Please follow the steps below which was first outlined in a post by @Gdkitty located HERE.

Press and hold Exit for 5 seconds, then press the down arrow twice (down, down), then enter 9-4-3-4.

It will Take you to a WPS / manual setup screen where you can manually select the SSID and then enter the password. Keep in mind, as soon as you enter this command it will wipe the current WiFi settings on the box. Once you start the process on any box you have to complete the WPS or manual setup for the box to work again.

Please update the Community if these steps work out well for you! =)

RogersTony