Ignite TV DVR - Set to record just NEW but records all Reruns

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: Ignite TV DVR - Set to record just NEW but records all Reruns

@RDC67 wrote:

for past couple of weeks, when I scheduled the recoding of a series, new only, it records the same episode from several different stations on different days.  Ex MacGyver is recorded Friday evening, then 2 more on Saturday.  Did not do this before.  suggestions?

I'm not sure what could be happening.  Do both the first airing and the subsequent broadcasts of this week's episode show up in your Scheduled recordings?  If so, do all of these airings show up as "New" or show up differently in the Guide?  You can set Ignite to record only new episodes airing only on a specific channel.

I just set Westworld to record (All Episodes, New, on HBO1) and only see new/first airings on HBO1 in my Scheduled recordings.

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

My settings are for only new. I have looked to set recordings for specific channel but have not found that option
Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@RDC67 wrote:
My settings are for only new. I have looked to set recordings for specific channel but have not found that option

You can do this but if you do not have the option to select a specific channel when modifying the Record Options, you will need to cancel the recording and set it up again as follows:

Go into the Guide and navigate to the episode that you wish to record and the channel that you wish to record it on.  Click the OK/select button, then go to "Record", select "All Episodes",  and from that screen you should have options to record "New episodes only" and you should see your desired channel on the "Channel" line.

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Ok, found how I can select the specific channel so that only new on that channel is recording. Sould be an option from the general seach field showing which channels will broadcast the episodes
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Biggest Pet Peeve with Ignite TV Recordings

I've had Ignite for over a year now. my biggest pet peeve is the recordings. My recordings are all set to record ONLY NEW however mostly all my shows record repeats... its the most annoying thing ever to have to delete a bunch of repeats.

I know many people on Rogers who complain about the same problem and Rogers Support does nothing about it. I hope this place is the solution to getting this fixed.

Highlighted

Hello @ezapper2,

Thank you for your participation in the community and congrats on your first post! 🙂

We really appreciate the feedback received from our customers as it helps us better understand your needs and allows us an opportunity to implement improvements wherever possible!

Regarding your concern with the Ignite TV recordings, have you had a chance to try the recommendation provided by our Resident Expert @-G- in post #33 of this thread? If possible, please give that a go and let us know if you are satisfied with the results. 

Kind regards,
RogersLaura

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

thats a work around I can try but a bad solution if thats all Rogers is willing to do. In comparison to BELL they have PVR recordings working perfectly and I wouldn't want anything less considering the money I pay.