Ignite TV DVR - Set to record just NEW but records all Reruns

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Ignite TV DVR - Set to record just NEW but records all Reruns

Switching back to Rogers, I too have noticed the multiple recordings of the same show at different days and times.  I'll use Macgyver as an example.  What showed first run in prime time last week recorded also on Sat & Sun.  Last time I had Rogers was over 2 years ado and then with Bell.  Always been able to set for first time run, certain channel, certain time.  Seems like this needs to be addressed and fixed for the record schedule function to properly work.

I did check the link listed above and did not see any resolution.  In fact, it looked like an old thread starting back in 2016 and evolve to current time but still not fully addressing the record scheduling.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@98765432l wrote:

I did check the link listed above and did not see any resolution.  In fact, it looked like an old thread starting back in 2016 and evolve to current time but still not fully addressing the record scheduling.

Yeah, that IPG Inconsistencies link was provided to show that there are many issues,  which have been around for years and very few have been resolved.  There are some workarounds in that thread, but some of the workarounds don't apply to IgniteTV, only Navigatr. You would have thought that issues like "new" or "name-based recording" etc. would have been addressed with the new IgniteTV platform...

Post 15 of that thread discussed why some of the issues exist, but, again, very few of those many issues have been addressed adequately.  As for the "new" issue, the only thing I can suggest is that you figure out when the programme airs the episodes you want and set up single recordings every couple of weeks for the next two weeks to avoid multiple recordings of the same programme.

I Plan to Stick Around

Strangely I only have this issue with SNL!

Not any other recording

I've Been Here Awhile

Recording the same daily episode from noon to 1pm without recording other episodes of the same title

example: I wish to record CTV Kitchener News every day Mon-FRi from Noon until 1 pm. Unfortunately there are other other new episodes of the same name 2 or 3 more times during those same days. How am I able to avoid recording those other episodes? Any help is greatly appreciated. The same can be applied to CBC News during the same time slot.

I'm a Reliable Contributor

@Moeriffic wrote:

Recording the same daily episode from noon to 1pm without recording other episodes of the same title

example: I wish to record CTV Kitchener News every day Mon-FRi from Noon until 1 pm. Unfortunately there are other other new episodes of the same name 2 or 3 more times during those same days. How am I able to avoid recording those other episodes? Any help is greatly appreciated. The same can be applied to CBC News during the same time slot.

This is where we need "record New episode, this time slot only.". Same as the Netbox 3.0 had. 

This would eliminate the duplicate records such as the news. I get the same thing when recording CTV News London. Records 6pm, 11pm. I only want 6pm for either 1 hours, m-f or 1/2 hr s-s. New episodes this time slot only.

I've Been Here Awhile

I agree. News names like Global News at 5:30 cause no duplicate issues since it only appears at 5:50 by that name.
Hopefully the techs will come up with a solution as you suggested,
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

While waiting for Rogers to address this issue, those people who run into this issue should also contact the "broadcaster" (CTV? CBC?  Etc.) directly and ask them to change the name of their programming appropriately (news at 11, etc), or provide the correct information to the various service providers so that the "new" modifier is only applied to actual new programming.

At least part of the blame goes to the broadcaster.  I know that the "timeslot" option is one that Rogers should allow so that customers can workaround the new and duplicate name issues.

I've Been Around

I've returned to Rogers (Ignite bundle) after 6 years with Bell Fibe TV.  I'm slowly adjusting to the Ignite TV interface.  Obviously it must be different from Bell and Rogers Digital offering (Tongue in cheek).

I find the recording function of Ignite TV a deficient product.  It should have the capability to specify one want to record: A program, on a channel, at a given day of week / time, and only new programs.  I've researched this function high and low and tried experimenting with the function with no acceptable solution found.  I end up with a multiple records, different channels, different times and numerous ones are OLD, or repeats.  It is a dogs breakfast and needs to be fixed to lower client frustration and deliver an acceptable function for Ignite TV.   I've read apologist posts on the community forum, which is regrettable.  Some of the Ignite TV functions, Voice commands, are quite useful and from my experience quite good and useful, albeit mostly for live or On Demand stuff.  The DVR/recording function is a true second class capability.

Hopefully someone in Rogers is monitoring the community forums and sees how poor this function is and does something to fix it.

My attempt at constructive input.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@golferwayne wrote:

It should have the capability to specify one want to record: A program, on a channel, at a given day of week / time, and only new programs. 

Does the suggestion in the following post do that for you?  The "new" modifier on Rogers has certainly been a source of frustration for many of us, even on digital cable (which I'm still using - I'm not on Ignite)

https://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/Ignite-TV/How-do-I-record-the-same-show-on-more-than-one-chann...