Ignite TV DVR - Set to record just NEW but records all Reruns

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I've Been Around

Ignite TV DVR - Set to record just NEW but records all Reruns

It's really annoying that when you record all new episodes one show at 9pm, it records ALL NEW episodes of the show at all different times, not just the one at 9pm. So this means I get multiple recordings including "new episodes" that are actually old episodes. Also, if you record a show, it also records others even if the name isn't exactly the same, and also at different times. The guide seems to think that some previous episodes of previous seasons are "new episodes". I miss the Nextbox where you could just record that one show at that one time and not recordings from other times during the day. Is there any way around this??????????

***Added Labels***

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: Ignite TV DVR - Set to record just NEW but records all Reruns

@Mel93 : Yeah, the Rogers IPG has been a real pain regarding the "new" modifier.  The only thing I can suggest is to do single instead of series recordings, or keep deleting the duplicates after you've watched.  Here's a thread on IPG issues where many more issues are discussed.

https://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/TV/IPG-Inconsistencies/td-p/350863 See posts 1, 3, 15, etc.

I'm a Reliable Contributor

And the old Netbox4 you could record new shows "this time slot only". So if you had a show on weekly on Thursday at 10pm you could tell it new show Thursday  10pm only. 

We need this added to Ignite.

Networks/channels, especially Discovery, History and OLN, have a habit of rebranding the same show and marking it as "new".

Perfect example: Pawn Stars. They rebrand it "Pawn Stars: Pumped up". Same episode except they add some graphics on the screen with more information. Now it is a "new" episode. NOT !

I've Been Around

I have it set to just record NEW episodes on any channel. So it records the NEW episode correctly say on a Tuesday night on CTV but then also records every rerun that let’s say Bravo puts on a Saturday and Sunday.

Why is this? Am I doing something wrong?

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

That may be an issue from the Bravo side?

That if they are marking their shows as NEW.  
Either in error.. or quite possibly, that they are NEW for that channel.  New for Bravo, that they have never aired it.

I've Been Around

Hey!

So I’ve noticed when trying to record a show that is heavily repeated across many stations (Big Bang Theory for example) ignite is recording every episode aired on every channel it airs on even when set to new ep only! I’ll look at my pvr and have like 20 Big Bang theories in one day! (It airs a lot!) same with Modern Family. It’s only shows that air in repeats. Anyone know how to fix this???

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@heather8522 : I have the following comments:

1. The IPG is not always accurate. See the following thread on that topic which discusses a huge number of IPG shortcomings:

https://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/TV/IPG-Inconsistencies/td-p/350863

2. As part of that topic, the "new" modifier is not always accurate, but also, you need to realize that the "new" modifier means "new" on that particular channel. So, although the programme may have aired before on another channel, it may be new to that channel and will therefore be recorded if it has the new modifier.

3. Doesn't Ignite offer you the option to record only on a specific channel? This means it won't record all the channels saving you from recording all those duplicates?

I've Been Around

.Recent ignite customer. We have set several recordings for new episodes only, only to find it is recording all episodes.  This is happening with Swatt and NCIS and new Amsterdam.  We go to recordings and there are many recordings none of which are new.  Scheduled recordings shows multiple recording,  we have deleted the recordings and tried to set up again, same issue.  

I have to be missing something really simple.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@Guncle : Your post was probably moved to this existing thread on the topic. Please see post 7 of this thread, along with other earlier posts.

I've Been Here Awhile

Hi new to Ignite TV - a one week veteran

I've read through the 9 pages of ' Several Issues'

I see that some folks suffer from ' multiple new recordings '.

When we go to record programs our choice is < one episode OR all episodes >

I guess that I am saying we don't even get the choice of ' new '

in the end, I suppose ' ALL ' is pretty much the same as ' new but all the same new recordings from several stations '

Did I get this right

or

Should I get the option of ' new episodes ' ???