Ignite TV - Connection Issues

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Re: Ignite TV - Connection Issues

Rogers does not accept any more negative posts.  All I get is the message:  An unexpected error has occurred.  Great solution to a problem. 

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

I switched from Rogers cable to Ignite a couple of weeks ago and it has been a difficult time.  I have an Ignite internet and TV package with 3 wifi pods.  I switched to get higher speeds and better wifi coverage in the house.   When the system is working, I have no complaints.  Unfortunately, the Ignite system keeps interrupting, knocking me our of web conferences and freezing the TV reception at random.   I believe it is either the Technicolor modem or Rogers' external signal, since my laptop is connected to the modem by ethernet cable.  The wifi monitoring software I am using (NetSpot) shows me the signal interruptions as a square wave (signal drops to nothing) rather than a fluctuation or irregular interference.  Only the 2.4 G signal disappears, and it seems to happen to the signal from modem and the 3 pods at different times. however, it knocks out my external laptop connection or my TVs.   I have talked to Rogers many times, and their technicians have been our here, but they are still looking for a solution. 

Highlighted

Good evening @jg5048,

Welcome to the Rogers Community! I hope you are doing well and staying safe. Experiencing connection issues can certainly be frustrating and we most definitely want to help guide you through a prompt resolution.

How big is your home and could you give us an idea of the layout? If pods are needed, the first Ignite WiFi Pod should be plugged into an electrical outlet within 20-30 feet of your modem. Additional pods can then be added if there are areas in your home with a poor WiFi connection. While pods can be used to expand coverage to WiFi deadspots, they need to be installed outside of the deadspot itself in order to be able to connect wirelessly to the modem. If they are installed too close from one another there may be some interference. If you plan on troubleshooting the connection issues associated with your pods, it might be better to rely on the Ignite Wifi Hub as opposed to the "NetSpot" app.

To check if your pods are working, sign in to the Ignite WiFi Hub app using your MyRogers credentials and follow these steps:

1. Select Network.
  2. Look for green status that indicates if your Ignite WiFi Pods are online.
  3. If a pod is offline, select “Help Me Fix It”.
  4. Identify the pod to fix, and select Troubleshoot to follow the steps shown.

You mentioned having spoken with our Technical Support team regarding the issues you've faced in the last two weeks. Do you know if they created a ticket for investigation or scheduled an appointment for this to be resolved as soon as possible?

Looking forward to your reply!

RogersMaude

Highlighted
I've Been Around

Had the same problem. New computer would connect then after random times all devices would loose access to the internet but still be connected. Fixed it by setting computer wifi to a/g/n access only. The ac wifi ended up being the problem when I connected to it. Downloads are slower but it works.