Ignite TV - Connection Issues

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Ignite TV - Connection Issues

@scouternorm wrote:
Did you resolve your connection issues? I am getting Ignitite installed in a few days, but there seems to be a lot of issues, and I really don't need more grief.

My issue was resolved but I also installed the new HDMI cable that Rogers supplied just for kicks and giggles.

I Plan to Stick Around

Did you resolve your connection issues? I am getting Ignite installed in a few days, but there seems to be a lot of issues, and I really don't need more grief. The modem seems to had connection problems and speed issues when in wireless mode.

I've Been Here Awhile

I also have the same daily issue of lost wifi. Everything goes down for 5-10 minutes and i too was lured/forced to go to Ignite TV as the cable system is being phased out for the newer Ignite system. Rogers raised my cost ob cable to an additional $125.00 more or switch to Ignite option and pay another $25.00 per month instead. Hello Bell. I been Rogers for over 13 years but Bell is looking likely soon. Today the system Ignite went down 3 times and it's only 2:OOPM.
I Plan to Stick Around

^^ You better get Rogers out to your place and have him check out the boxes out on the street. I put up with my connection dropping 3-5 X's/day for Months. When Rogers looks at my connection it looks fine. Ya no kidding Sherlock. They blamed it on interference in the house from something. The Tech guy that came to the house checked my signal, it was fine and the box in front of my house was ok, 1 ground was bad at the outside box on my wall. He escalated it and the next day Rogers was out on the street down from me and found and replaced bad components in the 2 street boxes up from me. Ever since he fixed that, my connections been fine.

I've Been Here Awhile

I've been saying this same thing to Rogers forever now. Rogers says they upgrading outside equipment. They also replaced the inside modem 3 times. I ask Rogers about my neighbours and the phone rep says nobody else is having an issue but, I don't really expect the truth from them as it makes them look bad on the Ignite TV. Today a tech is showing up again to check the inside. What a waste of time. Hopefully it encourages them to take a harder look at the outside connection on the apartment building wall. WiFi in a 950sq/ft 3 bedroom in 2019 is not much of a reach so it stands to reason it's not the apartment that's the problem nor the setup. Hopefully Rogers will get their act together and resolve the outside issues in their gear out there. They're running out of chances here to get it together.

Hello, @Z0mbiE.

Welcome to the Rogers Community Forums! 

I appreciate you joining this discussion and sharing your WiFi stability issues. When the WiFi is lost on your devices, do you notice the TVs drop connection as well? Do you have any hard-wired device that drops the connection at the same time?

If only a few WiFi devices drop the connection, then the issue could be related to some internal interference.  In case if all the wired and wireless devices, including TVs, drop the connection at the same time; then it has to be cable network related. We hope today's tech visit will resolve the issue. 

Keep the Community informed.

Cheers,

RogersMoin

I Plan to Stick Around

I hate when Rogers blames it on internal interference. That's simply a cop out. That's what they told me from the help desk and it ended up being bad components in 2 street boxes up from me, but not the one near my front yard. I deal with Tech on Twitter since they seem to know more than anyone else.

I've Been Here Awhile

I guess we'll see now that the tech has completed his assessment. Right off I told not to waste his time nor mine replacing the modem cause it has been done prior a few times with no success. He replaced some connectors inside on the main feed cable to the WiFi modem and got rid of a junction 3-way that was still installed on it. He also went to the box on the outside wall of the apartment building and relocated my connection to a different port out there. Gave me his contact number for an update in 24/48 hours and I'll be able to tell him if there has been an improvement. I was getting disconnected every day multiple times even. If not improved, then the only other thing they can do is run a new incoming replacement cable up the side of the building which would require the building owner's permission to do so.(Like i got nothing else better to do but phone and go through that ordeal, Right?) Guess we'll wait and see.

I Plan to Stick Around

Gigabit Speeds

I recently switched from Bell Fibe 25 to Rogers 1GB service.

One month in:

A lot of my devices cannot connect to the wifi

My tv sometimes will pause, audio drop and lose wifi connection as well. (Ignite TV)

and when I do speed tests (like right now) I hit 158 download speed and 32.5 upload speed.

How is this anywhere near the 1GB advertised? Less than 200mbs? I'm thinking I should just go back to Bell because this is ridiculous. 

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

A few questions.

How are you doing the testing?
Testing over wifi.. unless you had the BEST of the BEST wifi equipment, both on the router side, as well as the computer side.. you would be hard pressed to get 1gbs.
Speed tests should be done over an Ethernet connection.  Will more be able to gauge what the capability through the modem is.
(end point source being checked against, can make a difference too.  Testing to the default that speedtest.net is not always the best one for best results)

As for the TV cutting out, etc..
In most cases, thats due to wifi quality.  
Where was the modem installed?  May require a moving of the modem to a more central spot.. or going up to using the mesh network devices.

But that all falls back to the signal to the house.
Its quite possible when the tech came in, the didnt quite do a the full job. (seems to happen more often then not 😞 )
If the signal is not up to snuff.. it can cause overall slow downs with the service as a whole, and not getting full speeds. 

EG: My signal is pretty decent to the modem.  On a wired connection, on the 500mbps service, i regularly can pull over 550+.  Wireless, generally get less than 200.. but thats just to the one device.. still more than enough to stream/run anything wirelessly.