Ignite TV - Connection Issues

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Ignite TV - Connection Issues

The Forum coder should really add an edit button like other forums have so a post can be edited rather than create another post. Just wanted to add that when I turned on the TV this am, I DID NOT get the no signal message on my smart TV as I did the day before or when I switched to YouTube or Netflix. Looks like an intermittent problem with the top box for this TV or maybe my new TV is smarter than the Rogers hardware.

I Plan to Stick Around

My prev box was the Hitron CGN3ACSMR. FWIW, the EasyConnect00177 communicates with the  Xi6-A tv top boxes. I have seen many complaints about Rogers Ignite where people have wished they never switched over and to hear it's just growing pains on new hardware is hog wash. The Ignite hardware should have been extensively tested before making it available to the public. Google the problems, there are plenty. Microsoft did the same with its Windows 10 ramming it out to the public without properly testing it.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@COPO wrote:

My prev box was the Hitron CGN3ACSMR. 

I was asking for the cable box make/model number (9865, 8642, CAV10455, etc). The model number you gave was for the modem/router.

Many times there are issues with "HDMI handshakes" between the Ignite boxes and the TV, either due to firmware issues with the TV, or an issue with the HDMI connection/TV port, etc. We have seen this many times on this forum.  I hope that the issue is solved for you, but if it returns, then the recommendations in my previous post stand.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@COPO wrote:

The Forum coder should really add an edit button like other forums

You can edit your post for up to 2 hours. After that it's "locked". Click the "gear" near the top right of the post to edit.

I Plan to Stick Around

Rogers Tech showed up and tested the signal and noticed too low of a signal on the tv in the other room which was set at 5G. On the day it was 1st set up, the signal was low to start with then sped up so the installer left it at 5G. The Tech guy today set that TV to 2.4G, which was always working whenever the smart tv had the no signal issue. He said that it was causing the no signal issue on the smart tv. End of story I hope.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@COPO wrote:

1. ...noticed too low of a signal on the tv...

2. He said that it was causing the no signal issue on the smart tv. End of story I hope.

1. What he noticed was a low WiFi signal on the Ignite box, not on the TV itself. There is a difference.

2. I hope it is the end of story for you, however, the tech is not correct. The "no signal" on the TV indicates that there is an issue between the box and the TV.  The "no signal" is being generated by the TV itself, not by the Ignite Box.

If the signal to the Ignite box from the RF-coax cable into your home, or the WiFi signal from the Rogers modem to the ignite box were weak, you'd probably have a black screen, or see something like "searching for channel", etc, not "no signal".  One needs to differentiate between the error messages in order to troubleshoot.

I Plan to Stick Around

Did you resolve your connection issues? I am getting Ignitite installed in a few days, but there seems to be a lot of issues, and I really don't need more grief.
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

When the tech is there.. dont let them slack on the install.

Make sure that they check the signal on the modem.  Within spec should be +/- 10db... but should be as close to 0 as possible.  Any signal issues could cause major issues.

Have them check the wireless signal.  As the boxes all run on wireless.. this part is critical as well.  Poor wireless will = poor tv.   Since you wont be needing all the other connections in the house going to cable boxes, etc, moving it would be an option.  The modem doesnt necessarily be near the electrical box where it often normally is.

While there is an additional cost, the Eero mesh work pretty well to spread the wireless around.

I Plan to Stick Around

thanks for the reply. Looking at the Ignite boxes, they look like Android boxes, and I have one plus an Apple TV that have never connected very well using wireless, so I have them hard wired. If there are all the issues that I have seen on the 'Net, I may have to reconsider getting it installed.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

You can connect the box wired as well.
(not everyone has a wired connection there though, so not always mentioned).

As long as everything is set up correctly.. there shouldn't be any issues in that regard.

I have a really good signal to my modem.  I have the Eero set up myself, and my boxes are running wireless.

I generally have ZERO regular day to day watching issues.  Picture quality, etc is all fine, no drops, etc.
Only issues I have had were the some of the PVR playback issues that many were.  (though the quality issue on the playback seems to be fixed.. more the FF issues, etc remain)