Ignite TV - Connection Issues

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jg5048
I've Been Here Awhile

Re: Ignite TV - Connection Issues

Rogers does not accept any more negative posts.  All I get is the message:  An unexpected error has occurred.  Great solution to a problem. 

jg5048
I've Been Here Awhile

I switched from Rogers cable to Ignite a couple of weeks ago and it has been a difficult time.  I have an Ignite internet and TV package with 3 wifi pods.  I switched to get higher speeds and better wifi coverage in the house.   When the system is working, I have no complaints.  Unfortunately, the Ignite system keeps interrupting, knocking me our of web conferences and freezing the TV reception at random.   I believe it is either the Technicolor modem or Rogers' external signal, since my laptop is connected to the modem by ethernet cable.  The wifi monitoring software I am using (NetSpot) shows me the signal interruptions as a square wave (signal drops to nothing) rather than a fluctuation or irregular interference.  Only the 2.4 G signal disappears, and it seems to happen to the signal from modem and the 3 pods at different times. however, it knocks out my external laptop connection or my TVs.   I have talked to Rogers many times, and their technicians have been our here, but they are still looking for a solution. 

RogersMaude

Good evening @jg5048,

Welcome to the Rogers Community! I hope you are doing well and staying safe. Experiencing connection issues can certainly be frustrating and we most definitely want to help guide you through a prompt resolution.

How big is your home and could you give us an idea of the layout? If pods are needed, the first Ignite WiFi Pod should be plugged into an electrical outlet within 20-30 feet of your modem. Additional pods can then be added if there are areas in your home with a poor WiFi connection. While pods can be used to expand coverage to WiFi deadspots, they need to be installed outside of the deadspot itself in order to be able to connect wirelessly to the modem. If they are installed too close from one another there may be some interference. If you plan on troubleshooting the connection issues associated with your pods, it might be better to rely on the Ignite Wifi Hub as opposed to the "NetSpot" app.

To check if your pods are working, sign in to the Ignite WiFi Hub app using your MyRogers credentials and follow these steps:

1. Select Network.
  2. Look for green status that indicates if your Ignite WiFi Pods are online.
  3. If a pod is offline, select “Help Me Fix It”.
  4. Identify the pod to fix, and select Troubleshoot to follow the steps shown.

You mentioned having spoken with our Technical Support team regarding the issues you've faced in the last two weeks. Do you know if they created a ticket for investigation or scheduled an appointment for this to be resolved as soon as possible?

Looking forward to your reply!

RogersMaude

sgibbs0
I've Been Around

Had the same problem. New computer would connect then after random times all devices would loose access to the internet but still be connected. Fixed it by setting computer wifi to a/g/n access only. The ac wifi ended up being the problem when I connected to it. Downloads are slower but it works.
zed
I Plan to Stick Around

What a frustrating mess. 

We moved to Ignite because the old modem was acting up and rogers offered to send out a replacement . One week later nothing. When I called I was given a litany of excuses and the call was disconnected. The end result was  they have no more of the digital modems. Was offered ignite. Well it is cheaper and supposedly better technology. 

since installing ignite 2 weeks ago, I feel like I am back to 9600 baud modem days.

the internet drops at least 4 times a day. 

Rogers first monitored for 5 days and reported no issue. Since it continues to dis connect. Now when it happens EVERYTHING  is lost: internet, TV and home phone. 

When  tech came in he switched a cable at the main box. No solution. I was told that technicians will come out to the street box in 3 to 5 business days. I called again and insisted to speak to a manger. 15 minutes later I get to talk to someone again. got appointment for next day with a feeble offer that they come today. HAHA.

We live in an older neighbourhood, so I suspect the infrastructure is BAD. 

AND READ reviews on Ignite vs old cable.  3 years later they still hold true. The technology is AWEFUL. If this was the PC world we still would by on Pentium chips and windows 3.

zed
I Plan to Stick Around

Automated response. Been through the first 2 levels of troubleshooting. Configuration and layout are not the problem.
-G-
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@zed  Could you please log into your Ignite gateway ( http://10.0.0.1 ) and check the following:

Go to Troubleshooting > Logs and display the Event Logs since Yesterday; check to see if any Critical errors are being logged.  If all is well, the Event log should be empty.  Also compare this to the log for the "Last week" to see if things have gotten any better or worse since the Rogers techs finished their work.

Next, go to Gateway > Connection > Rogers Network.   Go to the bottom of the page and check the 
CM Error Codewords stats.  Check to see if you are getting a ton of Uncorrectable Codewords errors across all channels.  If you are, it could be a problem in your area... or it could be a bad coax connection or bad coax patch cable, or some other problem anywhere along the path from where the Rogers service enters your home.  Also pay particular attention to Uncorrectable Codewords on the DOCSIS 3.1 OFDM channel.  (This channel is typically the last column.  Don't worry about a high number of Correctable errors on that channel; this is normal.)  The Uncorrectable Codewords should either be zero or close to zero.

If the stats and error logs are not clean, we could check signal levels.  However, if the Rogers Network connection is clean, then the problem could be elsewhere in the Rogers network OR it could be a problem with your in-home network or WiFi.

You could also send a private message to @CommunityHelps  and ask them to check your local node stats and the signal levels to your modem, just in case they can see anything getting logged from their end.

Terry481
I'm Here A Lot

Hi,  I am having trouble with my Rogers Ignite system.  Ever since June,  when my service, (phone, internet, tv)  went out 4 times in 2 weeks,  it has never been the same since.  Now it is Dec 2020 and my tv is glitching,  especially on weekends.  Even when I was on the phone with a Rogers tech agent this morning,  the phone (land line) glitched and she could not hear me for about 10 seconds.  I have an open ticket on this and last night the tech said he had noise on the line leading to my house.  He said the modem does not understand the noise,  so glitches the system trying to understand it.  My neighbor 4 house away is experiencing the same glitching on her system.  Very annoying,  and I have little faith that Rogers can fix this problem.  Starting to look into alternatives.  I was with Bell for years,  but had similar problems with my tv dropping the signal once a week,  and no one could figure out why or fix it,   so I ended up going to Rogers.  Was great for about a year,  then all this starting happening.  Almost ready to give Bell another try.  My son built his own $3000 computer for gaming,  and he is experiencing lagging problems and we have the hightest speed possible.  Also have an mesh wifi extender to boost the wifi to his room.  Very disappointed with Rogers and how they are unable to fix this problem that seems to be in the neigbourhood.  What can I do?  Please help.  Maybe give me some alternatives.  ALL I WANT is reliable service,  that's all.  

zed
I Plan to Stick Around

All we have at our disposal is to call and call.
When I do the reps actually gasp when they read the history. The Reps are being cordial and it's no use yelling at them. Trouble is Rogers doesn't have to be good. In my case I have no alternative short of moving out of the neighbourhood.
I call for punitive damages to be paid to us. Say $1000 a week.
Then they might try harder.
RogersTony

Hello, @Terry481 & @zed

Its really disappointing to read about the connectivity issues that you've both been experiencing.

@Terry481 - Noise congestion can cause a myriad of issues so we definitely want to look into this for you in great detail to see what is being done to rectify the noise issues in your area and review the notes already on your file.

@zed - We'd like to review the history on your file in order to determine what are the best steps to take to get this resolved for you.

Please send us a private message @CommunityHelps so we can get started on this for you both.

Not familiar with our private messaging system? No worries, click here.

RogersTony