cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ignite TV Cloud PVR - Change to Recording Times

JohnLindsay67
I'm here a lot

In the last day, the PVR appears to now be recording 1 minute prior and 1 minute after the scheduled program time. Is this a recent change and why was it made?

*Added Labels*

Note: Thread move to the Ignite TV board after post 6, thanks @57.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Ignite TV Cloud PVR - Change to Recording Times

-G-
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@JohnLindsay67 wrote:

In the last day, the PVR appears to now be recording 1 minute prior and 1 minute after the scheduled program time. Is this a recent change and why was it made?

Thanks, @57.

The default padding did change very recently; this past week.  Ignite TV always started recordings a few seconds before and finished slightly after the scheduled times, so there was typically no need to extend recordings like you had to with Digital TV.  However, recordings now start 30 seconds early and finish 1 minute past the scheduled timeslot.

I don't know the specific reasoning behind the change for Ignite TV but Fibe TV made a similar change, years ago, when they also started recordings 30 seconds early and finished 3 minutes after the scheduled end time.  With Fibe, customers were complaining that they missed the "last joke" or missed the ending of a favorite show if it started late.

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Questions:

1. Is this happening on all programming?

2. What is the exact make/model of your PVR?

3. When you hit "play" does the progress bar show 32 minutes on a 30 minute programme?  62 minutes on an hour programme? (it may show 31 and 61 after a few seconds when it would normally show 29 and 59?)  When you go to list and look at a single programme, does it say 32 minutes instead of 30?

4. Perhaps the programme started at an "off" time?

My 9865 is functioning normally, although I have it set to default record an additional 5 minutes at the end, under settings.

All programming. Progress shows 62 minutes for an hour program, with "breaks" in the recording timeline (prior hour and subsequent hour).

What firmware version are you on.  I'm on 7.1.0.0114 on my 9865.

You can find the SW version under Settings - (scroll up one) to Troubleshooting - System Information, assuming you're using Navigatr firmware on your PVR.

Rogers Ignite TV

Release Version 129.1.0

Release Timestamp 04/01/21 10:18am

STB Timestamp Tue 30 Mar 2021 11:53:20 PM UTC

eCM MAC N/A

STB Version AX061AEL4.6p13s1_PROD_sdy

XRE Protocol Version 2.8.0

Receiver Native Version 4.6.0

Environment c5-ht

@JohnLindsay67 wrote:   Rogers Ignite TV

You should have posted your question in the IgniteTV section of this forum.   My responses were relevant to Legacy Digital Cable products where you posted.  I'll ask the mods to move your thread to IgniteTV.

Thanks. It was my first post...still learning....

No worries.  I don't have IgniteTV, but I'll tag RE @-G- .  He's usually on top of things.

It would certainly be easy for Rogers to add an extra minute in their cloud recordings at each end so people don't miss anything.  That's one reason I usually add 5 minutes to the end of my recordings on Digital Cable to avoid missing the end.  I don't usually miss the start...  There's no one-minute option on our PVRs.

-G-
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@JohnLindsay67 wrote:

Thanks, @57.

The default padding did change very recently; this past week.  Ignite TV always started recordings a few seconds before and finished slightly after the scheduled times, so there was typically no need to extend recordings like you had to with Digital TV.  However, recordings now start 30 seconds early and finish 1 minute past the scheduled timeslot.

I don't know the specific reasoning behind the change for Ignite TV but Fibe TV made a similar change, years ago, when they also started recordings 30 seconds early and finished 3 minutes after the scheduled end time.  With Fibe, customers were complaining that they missed the "last joke" or missed the ending of a favorite show if it started late.

Thank you so much for your explanation......greatly appreciated!

Topic Stats
  • 9 replies
  • 5 Likes
  • 3 in conversation