cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ignite TV Box connect to an AORUS Monitor?

hector316
I plan to stick around

I was trying to connect an Ignite TV box to an AORUS FI32U gaming monitor via the HDMI cable.  The welcome screen displays then its followed by a snowy picture not allowing me to setup the box.

Has anyone ever connected an Ignite TV box to a gaming monitor?

***Edited Labels***

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Ignite TV Box connect to an AORUS Monitor?

hector316
I plan to stick around

I resolved the issue.  I had to disable HDMI 2.1 on the monitor to use the box.  I then enabled bluetooth for my headphones and everything worked great.  4k was viewable as well.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

I'm not an expert on Gaming monitors, but I have a few comments and suggestions based on some web research on this monitor.

1. Make sure the monitor has the latest firmware - saw quite a few comments on that topic and the fact that it's difficult to do too.

2. Has a weird 144 Hz refresh rate. I'm not sure that's compatible with IgniteTV.

3. Connect the IgniteTV box to a regular TV to make sure it works and set the output format to 4K, or even 1080P as an experiment before connecting the box to the Monitor.

4. How do you plan to get audio?

Pauly
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Yes what 57 said, how do you plan to get the audio? a lot of monitors do not have built in audio.  I do not think there is analog audio out puts on the ignite set top box either.

hector316
I plan to stick around

You can connect audio via Bluetooth through the Ignite TV box or setup external speakers that connect to the monitor.

hector316
I plan to stick around

I resolved the issue.  I had to disable HDMI 2.1 on the monitor to use the box.  I then enabled bluetooth for my headphones and everything worked great.  4k was viewable as well.

Topic Stats
  • 4 replies
  • 6 Likes
  • 3 in conversation