Ignite TV Box Wont Power Up/Boot Up

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Ignite TV Box Wont Power Up/Boot Up

followed the usual issues check list reset modem unplugged ignite tv box.  When plug in white light comes on and then usually the box will boot up.  Have 3 boxes and the 2 are fine and today the one box when unplugged and plugged in light comes on and nothing.  Does not do a boot and try power button on remote no dice.  took box and swapped out with another box using the existing cables and power cable at that location and still did not work whereas the box moved to the original location of the dead box using those cables and it worked.  Therefore eliminating bad cables or power supply????? I am gathering that this box is dead and will no longer boot up ...thoughts of suggestions?

Thank you.

***Edited Labels***

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: Ignite TV Box Wont Power Up/Boot Up

@Hansfre  It's possible that the set-top box has died.  If you unplug power from the set-top box, turn your TV on, then power up the STB, do you see anything on the TV screen?  You should see a grey splash screen saying "Welcome. Bienvenido. Bienvenue." as the STB is booting up.

If you got the splash screen but the STB then did not turn on or start streaming, point the Rogers remote directly at the front of the STB and press the Mic button to see if the STB turns on.  (Make sure that you are using the remote that has been paired to that STB.  If the remote got unpaired, it might still communicate with the STB using IR but the IR receiver on the STB requires that you point the remote directly.  If the remote cannot communicate with the STB, you will hear an error tone (rather than a friendly "bloop") when you press the Mic button.)

If the box appears to be alive but does not respond to the remote, let us know and I can help you out further.  It might simply be that your remotes got unpaired and/or mixed up.

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Thank you for your response.  There is no image on screen at all.  It is the remote that was paired to it have done the 10 sec power button hold.... spoken to it left uplugged overnight and plugged back in.  Reset modem then boxes.   Did the refresh on MyRogers website.  Nothing.  The other 2 boxes are fine.  I believe that it is dead.  the internet cable plug does not even flash at all.  Usually will see it flash as it is "talking" to the device. 

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@Hansfre  Sorry to hear that.  To get this resolved, you will need to either call Tech Support or you can also try reaching out to the @CommunityHelps  team for assistance by sending them a Private Message.  (Click on the username, then click the "Send this User a Private Message" button.)

Once they confirm that your STB has failed and cannot be revived, they will arrange for a replacement to get sent to you.  If they send a replacement by courier, be sure to return your defective set-top box PROMPTLY to avoid getting hit with an Unreturned Equipment charge on your next bill.