cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ignite TV Box Freezes on Screensaver

JordanS1
I'm here a lot

Yes. One of my ignite boxes freezes on the screensaver. The shows are playing in the background and can change channels but picture stuck on screensaver. A does not do anything nor does any button on remote. Have to unplug box every day to use it.

*Added Labels*

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Ignite TV Box Freezes on Screensaver

slick1
I plan to stick around

I had similar problem today and just had a defective box.  I swapped two boxes and the problem followed the defective box.  Called Rogers and a service person was at my home within a couple of hours to change out the defective box,  everything up and running well again.  To be honest the quick service from Rogers for this repair did pleasantly surprise me today.  It would be great if they always responded like this.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

RogersMoin

Hello, @JordanS1.

Welcome to Rogers Community Forums! 🙂

Thank you for posting your concern with one of the Ignite TV boxes; it can be quite inconvenient to unplug the box daily. 

The next time when you can see the screen, can you drop down the Video Display to 1080i or 720P for testing purposes? The display settings can be accessed by navigating to Gear/Settings >Device Settings >Video Display.

Please keep us posted on the outcome. 

Cheers,
RogersMoin

Yes. Tried everything and box is constantly frozen on screensaver. Nothing but unplugging resets it. Garbage.

That did not fix it.

Should I swap the box? If so how?

-G-
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@JordanS1  It certainly could be a defective box.  Do you have multiple TVs?  If so, have you tried switching set-top boxes between TVs to see if the problem follows the box?

slick1
I plan to stick around

I had similar problem today and just had a defective box.  I swapped two boxes and the problem followed the defective box.  Called Rogers and a service person was at my home within a couple of hours to change out the defective box,  everything up and running well again.  To be honest the quick service from Rogers for this repair did pleasantly surprise me today.  It would be great if they always responded like this.

colarosa
I've been here awhile
I had this exact issue. Call Rogers and ask them to do a firmware update on your ignite box. This will fix the screen saver freezing issue.
Topic Stats
  • 7 replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 5 in conversation