Ignite TV App on Amazon Fire Tablet

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RogersMoin

Re: Ignite TV App on Amazon Fire Tablet

Hello, @Mrbouzanne.

Thank you for your post, and welcome to Rogers Community Forums!

It can surely be beneficial if the Ignite TV app is accessible from many platforms; the Fire OS is currently not supported. You can check the app compatibility requirements on our support page. 

Thank you for your understanding!

Cheers,

RogersMoin

-G-
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@RogersMoin I'm pretty sure that the Rogers "Ignite TV Compatibility Requirements"  support page is out of date and was probably boilerplate taken from an old Comcast Xfinity TV support page.

https://www.rogers.com/customer/support/article/ignite-tv-compatibility-requirements says that Ignite TV supports "Android 4.1+ (including Kindle Tablets)", which suggests that the Ignite TV app should run on Fire OS.  However, the Ignite TV app page in the Google Play store says that version 6.1.1.001 requires "Android 5.0 and up".  We also don't have an app in the Amazon store so the only way to install Ignite TV on a Fire tablet is to side-load an APK obtained from a potentially untrustworthy source, something that Rogers would never endorse or support.

robgoldstein
I've Been Here Awhile

It is very disappointing that Rogers has not solved this problem. All of Bell's services are available on a Firestick and it makes travel much better. Please fix this. Ignore is great, but Bell's service is probably just as good and can use fire sticks.
rmamzc1
I've Been Around

Your right it is disappointing that the Rogers Ignite TV app is not available on Fire Tv nor on Android Tv as far as I can tell.  It only seems to be good on my phone for the most part.  Now that they have finally allowed casting to a chromecast device I think they are heading in the right direction.  It is odd though because the SportsNet app works so well on Fire Tv and I thought that Sportsnet was owned by Rogers, so they know how to make it work.  

terencethompson
I've Been Here Awhile

installed it on hd 10.  look for and down load ignite tv.apk . Install ansd log on.