cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ignite TV App on Amazon Fire Tablet

john_odonnell_1
I'm here a lot

I can run ignite tv with no problem on my Samsung A5 phone. It also runs fine on my daughters ipad.

I can only view recorded shows on my Amazon fire tablet. On demand shows error out. When I try to ask for my channel guide I also error out.

I can try and figure out how to get screenshots of the errors if someone is willing to pursue this.

**Labels Added**

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Ignite TV App on Amazon Fire Tablet

Thanks for the quick response and the info.

One final comment is to identify in the Ignite Tv app that it is not functional on the Amazon Fire tablet platform.

View solution in original post

18 REPLIES 18

RogersYasmine

Hello @john_odonnell_1,

We appreciate you joining us in the Rogers Community Forums and congrats on your first post! 👍

It's strange that the Ignite TV app is working fine on two of your devices but not on your Amazon tablet! How puzzling!!

Was it working previously or has it been this way from the start? Can you please attempt to uninstall and then reinstall the app on your tablet followed by a quick reboot of the device to see if this gets it working again? I would also ensure the tablet has the latest update installed as well.

Please do keep us in the loop! 🙂

Correction: My apologies, I skipped your mention of Amazon Fire tablet. Even though Fire OS built on Android OS, it's not supported. So the Ignite TV app on your Amazon Fire tablet may not be fully functional like on your other Android devices. Thank you for understanding!

RogersLaura

Is there any plan at Rogers to develop a Fire OS version of the app? I have since tried the app on Windows 10 and it works fine too. The app functionality is 5 stars!

Another question on IgniteTV. Is there any plan to add Disney+ app?

I'm a huge IgniteTV fan since I had it installed last month. I believe addressing the above 2 gaps identified above would be popular with all your Ignite Tv customers.I

Any input from other Community members?I

Thanks for the quick response Laura!

Greetings john_odonnell_1!

I have no plans to share with regards to a Fire OS version but we are always looking for opportunities to bring new features and apps to Ignite TV. At this time, Disney+ is not available on through Ignite TV.  

Regards,

RogersCorey

Thanks for the quick response and the info.

One final comment is to identify in the Ignite Tv app that it is not functional on the Amazon Fire tablet platform.

@john_odonnell_1 wrote:

I never saw any indication anywhere that it ever was.  How did you get the Ignite TV app installed on your Fire tablet in the first place?  Did you find the APK hosted on an unofficial download site or did you sideload APKs to get access to the Google Play Store?

I'm pretty sure I simply launched and used Google Play.

Hi,
Is there a list of device requirements for the IgniteTV app? What version of Android is it compatible with?

-G-
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@Atom_2k wrote:
Is there a list of device requirements for the IgniteTV app? What version of Android is it compatible with?

As far as I know, the Ignite TV app only runs on mobile devices.  According to this post, the Ignite TV app requires Android 4.1 or higher.  However, according to the Ignite TV app page in the Google Play store, it requires Android 5.0 or higher.  I don't think that it has officially been certified to run on Fire OS and (as far as I can see) it is not available in the Amazon App Store.  It may take some time but  @RogersTony  is in the process of verifying the Ignite TV application's compatibility requirements and will revise the support page with updated information as it becomes available.

Trying everything in vein... A!l apk... Mirror and pure... Help??!!

Hello, @Mrbouzanne.

Thank you for your post, and welcome to Rogers Community Forums!

It can surely be beneficial if the Ignite TV app is accessible from many platforms; the Fire OS is currently not supported. You can check the app compatibility requirements on our support page. 

Thank you for your understanding!

Cheers,

RogersMoin

-G-
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@RogersMoin I'm pretty sure that the Rogers "Ignite TV Compatibility Requirements"  support page is out of date and was probably boilerplate taken from an old Comcast Xfinity TV support page.

https://www.rogers.com/customer/support/article/ignite-tv-compatibility-requirements says that Ignite TV supports "Android 4.1+ (including Kindle Tablets)", which suggests that the Ignite TV app should run on Fire OS.  However, the Ignite TV app page in the Google Play store says that version 6.1.1.001 requires "Android 5.0 and up".  We also don't have an app in the Amazon store so the only way to install Ignite TV on a Fire tablet is to side-load an APK obtained from a potentially untrustworthy source, something that Rogers would never endorse or support.

It is very disappointing that Rogers has not solved this problem. All of Bell's services are available on a Firestick and it makes travel much better. Please fix this. Ignore is great, but Bell's service is probably just as good and can use fire sticks.

Your right it is disappointing that the Rogers Ignite TV app is not available on Fire Tv nor on Android Tv as far as I can tell.  It only seems to be good on my phone for the most part.  Now that they have finally allowed casting to a chromecast device I think they are heading in the right direction.  It is odd though because the SportsNet app works so well on Fire Tv and I thought that Sportsnet was owned by Rogers, so they know how to make it work.  

terencethompson
I've been here awhile

installed it on hd 10.  look for and down load ignite tv.apk . Install ansd log on. 

tjl
I've been around

I am  switching to Rogers IgniteTV after being a Bell/ExpressVu/FibeTV customer for years.

I intended to use the IgniteTV app on FireTV Stick for my 2nd  seldom used TV in the basement.

I just bought the FireTV stick during a 2021 boxing day sale.  $29.95.

Disappointed to learn IgniteTV app is not compatible with FireTV stick (FireOS).

I downloaded and installed the IgniteTV app using Downloader app.  It starts and shows/navigates the menus, but fails when playing (streaming) video.  Gives errors.

Also mirroring from Android Samsung Note8 phone does not work.  Gives same errors.

IgniteTV casts to my Chromecast device from my laptop as a cumbersome work around.  The old TV has just one HDMI port.

gsitek
I've been around

I am currently a 30 year Rogers customer and am still using an amazing package on digital called VIP.  When Rogers discontinued the anyplace tv access this is causing me to rethink what I need to do as we used it at our summer place.  So I now need to choose between ignite and bell fibe.  Not having firestick support may be the deal breaker.  We currently use several firesticks and Alexa.  The chromecast platform which I used for a short while is cumbersome because you have to use your phone, my grand kids don't have a phone and I don't necessarily wish to let them use mine or fumble with my phone to watch tv.  Not sure what I am going to do, but need to make the decision soon

I submitted the original issue is this chain. What I identified was that Ignite tv did not work on my Amazon tablet which runes the Amazon Fire OS. I never tried to run the app thru the Amazon Fire Stick.

My daughter used my Ignite subscription and tried to cast to her TV. The app must be able to detect this and it would throw an error on most stations. I suspect it is some form of licensing issue.

What she does instead is use an Android tablet (she's on her phone all the time), and she runs an HDMI cable from her tablet into the TV and it works. 

The Roger’s ignite tv app is available on Amazon App Store

Topic Stats
  • 18 replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 13 in conversation